Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Should Mobius be pure PVE?

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:13 pm

I have seen a lot of infractions and honest mistakes and have wondered if the CZ rule is not clear enough or taken advantage of. Should it be no PVP what so ever and if you want to PVP in CZ then open is avail or another group? Now these are just my musings.. I want everyone who joins Mobius to be happy and I have no authority whatsoever in Mobius. I just want to hear others opinions on this.

So what is your opinion?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Should Mobius be pure PVE?

Postby TorTorden » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:26 pm

The cz rule can be a bit confusing particularly since it was implemented and not updated after power play and all their cz like battle zones.

Personally I think if it smells like a cz, looks like a cz, and quacks like one it should be considered a conflict zone.

But with the influx of players possibly coming from the later steam sales etc it might be beneficial to simplify it since I doubt 10% of the applicants check this forum and most of those don't read the policy pages.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Unserene
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Unserene

Postby Unserene » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Agreed. Pure PVE would be the simplest way to go. Especially from a reporting infractions point of view.

Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint

Postby Argonaught » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:05 pm

It should be pure PVE, there's Open if anyone wants pvp and if they want to spar withouit anyone else interfering they could use a private server setup.

Having CZ's as free pvp means if your wanting to fight with OOM against a controlling faction you could also be attacked by someone who decided to side with the enemy you want to remove for station control. Better to go all PVE, less messy to be honest.
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Unserene wrote:Agreed. Pure PVE would be the simplest way to go. Especially from a reporting infractions point of view.

My thoughts exactly!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:30 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Unserene wrote:Agreed. Pure PVE would be the simplest way to go. Especially from a reporting infractions point of view.

My thoughts exactly!

And mine
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm

I was thinking about Nonya earlier who was purposely trying to see how far they could take the CZ PVP rules then gets upset at Mobius and slanders him because he booted him.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Forgive my ignorance - but is it easy to create your own group just to hop into to join a cz? Or will it still
Instance you with other commanders from open etc? Or, is a group a pain to create and not worth the hassle?

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 pm

evovi wrote:Forgive my ignorance - but is it easy to create your own group just to hop into to join a cz? Or will it still
Instance you with other commanders from open etc? Or, is a group a pain to create and not worth the hassle?

Groups are not too hard to create and you can password it or not, it will not instance you with commanders from open unless they join your group.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:47 pm

So - might be best to say "no" to Pvp within möbius as like you say - there will always be people pushing the boundary of rules - if you wanna go cz, create your group invite your m8, and go have some fun - or likewise go solo and just fight npc's - that's my view which may be frowned upon but hey ho lol

Return to “General Discussion”