RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: RIGAMORTIS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

V 1.4 Live feed videos you will never see

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:41 am

David Braven do:

#1 - Mining. David flies a T-7 370LY out into the black to mine a ring in an unpopulated system.
Here is how I suspect it would go:

"So we're heading out to a pristine ring deep in anarchy territory to mine. Won't this be fun."

"Ok, after 1 hour of jumping and scooping, we have finally reached our system. I hope our viewers are as
excited as I am about this. Let's enter the metallic ring shall we and see what we find."

Oh! Looks like a wing of 3 Imperial clippers spawned in here with us, well they should not bother us. Oh wait,
they are attacking me. Ummmm, we will be back in 1 second. "

"Ok, here we are in the pristine metallic ring and we're all on our own, naturally because we are so far away from
the bubble. Let's start mining shall we." I've just fired a prospector at my first rock and let's see what we have..."

"Ok, we're back after the break on our 10th rock and I've just fired a prospector limpet. Oh, a nice rock with
46% Painite and 23% Platinum. Let's move in and begin mining shall we. I've lowered my cargo door and deployed
2 collector limpets. [chunks begin breaking away and the collector limpets start working].
"Oh rats, looks like my refinery hopper is already jammed with 8 of my 9 available bins empty. No problem, Let me
just manually unclog the Hopper and continue mining. Drats! it's jammed again, well we can fix this.
God Damn it!~ it's jammed again, well patience is a virtue, let's just unjam this thing and keep going.
Jesus H. Christ, who the hell designed this thing! Ok, I'll just unjam it again.

"You know folks, mining is so much fun and I really hope you have enjoyed this video. I was on the edge of my seat
the entire time" We will be back next week with another exciting video on plotting routes in the galactic map.
Last edited by RIGAMORTIS on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Re: V 1.4 Live feed videos you will never see

Postby Dudley » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:08 am

:D I say old fruit, do I detect just the merest hint of sarcasm there..? :P
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:30 am

Welllll, perhaps a smidgen. However, the basis of the tale is a sad truth.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:01 pm

you should have tried mining in 1.2, no limpets and yield was what 1\10th of what it is now.
And I think the biggest refinery had 3-4 bins..
And yes without limpets only way to see what was what was to actualy mine a chunk first.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Gregster
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Gregster

Postby Gregster » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:06 pm

I did chuckle reading this but you are quite correct. I haven't mined since the olden days and that really was a chore but seen some having some great success now, so maybe things have changed for the better?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Gregster wrote:I did chuckle reading this but you are quite correct. I haven't mined since the olden days and that really was a chore but seen some having some great success now, so maybe things have changed for the better?

Profit wise it's much greater, mostly since using a prospector limpet increases yield something ridiculous (well from what the fuck am I doing to actually ok), it's nice and relaxing and you don't need to go 300+ly out of the bubble, there probably is a system fairly close with nice rings, and from what I read they are fixing the jammed bin bug with 1.5.

You will want as big a refinery as possible and at least 4 limpets, prefereably more.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:26 pm

You forgot to mention the constant "cargo bay door" error messages every freakin' time that you launch a prospector limpet. :)

I enjoy mining from time to time. It's almost as profitable as a *GOOD* A-B-A trade run in my Python, and not nearly as boring!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:47 am

I agree that it is a far better situation than prior to limpets, and is a profitable and decent experience. It was just getting on my nerves a bit and thought I'd try a humourous post on it. And yeah, "cargo bay error, deploy cargo hatch" is a smaller irritant, but I didn't want to overly bash it.

Return to “General Discussion”