I wish Frontier would give us a proper PvE shard.

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sidenti Taalo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sidenti Taalo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: I wish Frontier would give us a proper PvE shard.

Postby Sidenti Taalo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore this. I'm still getting the hang of the layout around here.

The reason I feel like a second-class citizen as an E:D PvEer is, simply put, that's how the development company treats the PvE concept. Did you know this community is buried on the very last page of the official website?

There's a reason for that, and it's clear in the promotional material: Frontier wants a game that has features conflict, strife and unease. This is most evident from quotes on their front page:

Experience unpredictable encounters with players from around the world in Elite Dangerous’ vast massively multiplayer space. Fly alone or with friends in a connected galaxy where every pilot you face could become a trusted ally or your deadliest enemy.

Upgrade your ship and customize every component as you hunt, explore, fight, mine, smuggle, trade and survive in the cutthroat galaxy of the year 3301. Do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to stand among the ranks of the Elite.

Now, someone above brought up the topic of realism in the PvP section of the game and how they felt the actions of those players didn't seem to be all that realistic. I agree. It's patently absurd to think we're going to advance past our Solar System - or even Mars - in 1300 years if we keep at each other's throats. Hell, I have problems imagining any authority anywhere ever would allow lethal weaponry on personal spacecraft. If I tried to outfit my Impala with multi-cannons? My ass is going to JAIL. XD

I just don't think Frontier wants a PvE option. If they did, they'd offer more support to the PvE group (read: at least not burying us on the very last page of the Community section - if Frontier truly wishes for us to "play our way" they wouldn't be forcing us to do all the work and ignoring rules violations) and they wouldn't feature players attacking players as much as they do.

There's more to life than fighting other humans. A LOT more. And that's why we're here. We want to see the galaxy. We want to explore planets. We want to team up and do things against non-human opponents. We want to play the environment.

But that doesn't seem to fit into Frontier's galactic view of a future filled with strife, Machiavellianism, and murder. -bp

EgoCorvus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sigrid Stenstrom

Postby EgoCorvus » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Just found out that there are ppl who like to blow up others for "speeding" even on Mobius. I guess only Solo is truly safe :D

Sidenti Taalo
Competent
Competent

Postby Sidenti Taalo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:15 pm

EgoCorvus wrote:Just found out that there are ppl who like to blow up others for "speeding" even on Mobius. I guess only Solo is truly safe :D

Do what? Who did that?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:25 pm

EgoCorvus wrote:Just found out that there are ppl who like to blow up others for "speeding" even on Mobius. I guess only Solo is truly safe :D

Um, can you expand on what you mean please?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Xebeth wrote:

Um, can you expand on what you mean please?

ok, I know what you are talking about, no further details are required.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Doubt anybody did anything.......

Stations and NPC's might have done.....

But gonna be the same in solo.......

Unless FD have started adding speed cameras in the shop.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Sidenti Taalo
Competent
Competent

Postby Sidenti Taalo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:49 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Doubt anybody did anything.......

Stations and NPC's might have done.....

But gonna be the same in solo.......

Unless FD have started adding speed cameras in the shop.......

It bears mentioning, of course, that the speeding concept (patently ludicrous in space, to be honest) arose purely as an anti-griefing mechanism... that was soon turned into a griefing mechanism.

I wonder how much time Frontier could spend on development without having to deal with the griefing their system encourages? At least go the EvE route and set down some rules for it.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:05 am

It only encourages the people that have that natural arsehole gene from birth....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:38 am

I admit I speed, but besides fines if an NPC and I bump I haven't seen anything drastic happen.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

EgoCorvus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sigrid Stenstrom

Postby EgoCorvus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 am

Mouse wrote:I admit I speed, but besides fines if an NPC and I bump I haven't seen anything drastic happen.

Well, if a player with a half-dead ships bumps you, then you'll get a bounty and a station will shoot you. So now some people like to take Eagles, drop them to 5% hull and then ram anyone who tries to dock.
One of the reasons I went to PvE group - thought players like that don't exist there :D

Return to “General Discussion”