Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

I Ran Into My First CMDR in Ages

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm

Literally! I was in my T-9 heading out of the station, going slow on the green side with my lights on. Suddenly this Anaconda comes looming up directly in front of me at high speed. He swerves diagonally across me to my right. I assume it's just another crazy NPC, as I've seen them do some pretty wreckless driving the last few days; a T-7 cut me off coming into a station and a Sidewinder went zipping around me when I was leaving. Anyway, I figured I'd just push past and smacked into his rear quarter panel, but this conda wasn't budging. After grinding a while and getting a trespass fine, I backed up a bit, was freed, and then continued my departure. It was at that point I noticed a hollow square inside the station. Well, I wasn't going to turn around to see who it was, and I didn't think of using the contact screen. I don't usually have problems like that because I wait for the slot to clear. Anyway, I was still feeling a little embarrassed and just wanted to get out of there. Later, I decided to run w/o shields to maximize profits and thought I would just have to play in solo to avoid collisions (drivers) like that.

I figure he was texting. :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: I Ran Into My First CMDR in Ages

Postby TorTorden » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Plenty of reckless fliers out there and it seems some are completely oblivious to what the green/red ligts indicate.

Things would go smoother if we just try to go in out by keeping to the green side (starboard) but when other commanders are in the same instance I expect anything, after a few incidents of "woa shit".

Now I always come out or in keeping to the green side, I might be doing it a bit fast though so entirely without fault I am not, I often come out at full boost say 200m/s, that's 720 kph or 440mph in case you are wondering.
The acceleration even in t9 from 0mps to a 100mps should kill you, but I digress...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:43 pm

I have been hit more by NPC's since 1.4 dropped than since I bought the game in January. And it is always in and out of stations. Mostly Inside as I wait for traffic to clear. I NEVER run without shields, no matter what. One simple bump with no shields by a grindy Conda or T9 and my little cobra would be toasted.

I find most Cmdr.s are pretty good about it, except when you are boosting with silent running to beat the cops. They don't see you.
I did come out of one station a while back where a Cmdr with a T9 had gotten hung up in the toaster rack and was trying to free himself. He typed in chat "Sorry First Day Flying a Turtle" which made me laugh till the station shot him to pieces for Blocking the slot. I felt bad but could not get him on Comms. I think he logged out to cry a little. Can't say I blame him. I would have passed him some palladium. At the time I was running a T7 so i could have made up a bit for his loss.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Mattwood
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Dread Pirate Willy

Postby Mattwood » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:53 pm

I can't say i've hit any other cmdr's in the mailslot but.. to follow on to what you're saying about 1.4 NPC AI being a bit sloppy; I was coming out of Haxel port the other day with a mate and 4 T9's were trying their luck at exiting the slot.. at the same time. Two got wedged above/below eachother, two hit an anaconda on its way in. Caused a lot of explosions, luckily i'd stopped on on the inside, my pal got out and was watching from the outside. Only one of the T9's got out alive but no fucks were given by any of them before the explosions started.

Collisions with everything seem to be on the up, seems to coincide with bobblehead release.. Maybe they're all distracted? ;)

Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter

Postby Rimsplitter » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Collisions are definitely on the up since 1.4 to the point that I was thinking of putting a futile post in the official forums' pointless "Support" section. I keep being pinned in the slot by T9s that just keep pushing. I exit at a reasonable pace but they squeeze in from behind and underneath, trapping me and grinding my shields down. It happens at least once per session. The other day my shields were gone, my hull down to 50%, I couldn't wriggle free and then I got the message that I was going to be destroyed for blocking the exit. Luckily the first shots exploded the T9 behind me so I could boost out to safety, about 6 million credits short of the rebuy on my Anaconda.

Having said that, Roger Wilco's commander could easily have been me as my passengers don't care for the niceties of traffic regulation. Only if it was anywhere near Azrael though.
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Postby IronDuke » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Last night, I received a 200Cr fine for reckless flying when a Kamikaze NPC collided with me after I exited and supposedly boosted away from trouble in the stations No fire zone. Okay, I admit that I was speeding, but I mean really? - how big is the galaxy and you have to make a bee-line directly into my flight path? All good fun :mrgreen:
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Rimsplitter wrote:Having said that, Roger Wilco's commander could easily have been me as my passengers don't care for the niceties of traffic regulation. Only if it was anywhere near Azrael though.

I can vouch for that.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Indeed crashing into fellow cmdrs are very rare and those times that has happened its been my fault completely (sry, kinda)

And as has been mentioned since 1.4 it seems the npc's has swapped their pilots sun glasses with welders goggles cause they are blind as bats these days.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:17 pm

I've had a few close calls from commanders, but had an NPC T-9 almost get me killed by station because it hit me in the air dock and just continued forward.. I had to back up and thankfully did it in enough time to avoid destruction...

I will admit I don't always go Red/Green, but that is usually when I'm coming in hot to avoid getting scanned. The Clipper is a lovely ship but lacks the delicate handling needed sometimes, especially in that damn toaster rack in front of the station >.>
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Baelydon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Baelydon

Postby Baelydon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm not sure... but... uh... what system or general area did this happen in... uhm... :)

If you were anywhere near Kamito/Jita/ER Longs, their nearby HIP systems, or Tote... than I will assume that it was me / you. In which case I truly do apologize! I came across 3 Mobius players yesterday/last night but either I was AFK,or just passing through quickly and didn't notice the 'blip' until after the 4-3-2-1 started.

While in my Anaconda, yesterday, I "overtook" a T9 on the way out of a station...getting hit from behind in the process. I do remember seeing a hollow square in the station on my way "IN"... BUT... the 'square' that I cut in front of was solid, could have been me/you and I may have had that "player looks like an NPC" thing happen... or It could have been just a coincidence that I cut off a T9, and you got cut off by a 'Conda. ;)

I've been getting hit by tons of NPCs and grew tired of getting stuck half way through the slotm I've already lost 1 conda to the infamous killer known as "Trespassing" in this last week. I decided I'm not budging anymore because it's not cheap to replace, so I sort of... yeah, FORCED my way into the mail slot right in front of another ship.

Again, if it was me, really, I am sorry... I don't fly like an idiot unless I'm surrounded by maniacal NPCs making B-lines to and from their landing pads, I'll even instantly retract my weapons if in a CZ/RES and another player enters the area, even if in the middle of a fire fight atm, just to assure I don't strafe someone I'm not supposed to!

Last but not least, those are the areas I've been hanging out in lately, I use HIP 20342/Er Longs to fit the larger stuffs, good source of larger A rated system internals.. usually, but sometimes 20342 seems to run out of stock? Anywho...

Have fun, fly safe!
-Bael

Return to “General Discussion”