Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: I Ran Into My First CMDR in Ages

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Baelydon wrote:I'm not sure... but... uh... what system or general area did this happen in... uhm... :)

Nope, that wasn't me.

As for NPCs, had a T-7 T-bone me entering a station, but I was speeding so I got a ticket. Then I had a Cobra launch into me while I was on final, and again I was speeding so I got a ticket. The best part was when I took a Sidey taxi and the first thing on my way out was to get run over by a T-9 and ground like grist for the mill in the slot. Lucky the Sidey is so small and I had shields so I just tumbled over a couple times, but it was quite a ride until I spotted his fat ass and figured out what was happening.
It's time to give this another go.

Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter

Postby Rimsplitter » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:42 am

It's getting pretty hairy in Achenar now. I use auto-docking so if anyone hits me it's officially not my fault, but I've had to hit the brakes manually because of Conda drivers forcing past me and then stopping because there are other Condas manoeuvering inside the entrance. I also got fined for holding station on the way out while a T9 came in after giving out a message that he was coming in on auto.

If everyone used auto then the ships would form an orderly queue but it's just mayhem. As people arrive from further afield over the weekend I expect to see some spectacular chain explosions in the entrance. It doesn't help that NPC T9s are just barrelling through everyone as well.

However, I'm now making 1.6m per trip thanks to a tip from Engadine, so risks must be taken.
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:40 am

If Achenar is the system I'm thinking of (seat of the empire) I'm surprised people are there. I've been there 3 times and never saw anyone.. or any large warships (which is why I flew there the first time)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter

Postby Rimsplitter » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:23 am

Mouse wrote:If Achenar is the system I'm thinking of (seat of the empire) I'm surprised people are there.

Then you are behind the times. There's a CG goiong on that's a real goldmine. The place is crawling with people. You can buy discounted Imperial ships with no rank requirement if you sign up and it looks as though the top tier goal will easily be accomplished. I'm easily making six million an hour from it, before any rewards are handed out.
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:27 am

Rimsplitter wrote:
Mouse wrote:If Achenar is the system I'm thinking of (seat of the empire) I'm surprised people are there.

Then you are behind the times. There's a CG goiong on that's a real goldmine. The place is crawling with people. You can buy discounted Imperial ships with no rank requirement if you sign up and it looks as though the top tier goal will easily be accomplished. I'm easily making six million an hour from it, before any rewards are handed out.

Yeah.. College comes before ED sadly. Already have all three Imp ships so Kudos to those trying to get em ^,^
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”