Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Why Mobius?

Postby Avago-Earo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:40 am

Started the thread so I'll start the conversation.

Because even if I were to put the 'Game' to one side, over the last year or so I've had some of the best back 'n' forths ever on these Forums. If you don't beleive me, come round and stay at mine and meet the neighbours
"Wibble"

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Re: Why Mobius?

Postby Mouse » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:13 am

Because I like to play with others not against them and do to real life issues PVP is bad for me.. don't want to be stuck in solo because jerks can't get the message that not everyone wants or should be forced to PVP... Mobius is Sanctuary.

Only PVP I do is BGS
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:49 am

Because constantly having to worry about being forced to completely restart the game from the ground up because I am AWEFUL at trading didn't seem very fun to me.
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:10 am

they couldn't spell back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvwWbqNQ8qc
"Wibble"

Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter

Postby Rimsplitter » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:57 am

Because when I do PVP it's when I feel like it. Being in a game where people demand that you always engage their A-rated combat ship whenever they want is like having someone else's child tugging at your trouser leg screaming for attention.

Most other online games that I have played have either provided a choice of PVE or PVP environment, or they are PVE with designated areas for PVP so you can poo-poo on your own terms. The exception is GTAV Online where you just have to resign yourself to continual pestering. Incidentally, thanks to ED's recent server problems I have discovered that since AMD's Omega driver release GTAV now looks completely jaw-dropping and runs so smoothly that my last hardware upgrade was probably a total waste of money. I think the drivers alone would have had the same effect on my old hardware.
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

Engadine
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Engadine
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Engadine » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi,

Very much the same view as Rimsplitter...

Rimsplitter wrote:Because when I do PVP it's when I feel like it. Being in a game where people demand that you always engage their A-rated combat ship whenever they want is like having someone else's child tugging at your trouser leg screaming for attention.

Also, prefer to play with other like minded Commanders, rather than against them.

Long live the Order of Mobius! :P

HazCat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: HazCat

Postby HazCat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Because I'm perfectly happy engaging with an NPC but not interested in demonstrating that I'm "better" than someone else because I can beat up new players with my fully tricked out ship. "Don't ruin other people's game" is a great philosophy.

Because this forum is generally positive - whereas visiting the official forum for more than information is like diving into a septic tank of entitlement, bile, and whining.

Because INARA rocks!
Nullum bonum opus impunita :evil: “No good dead goes unpunished.”

TD Bauer
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: TD Bauer

Postby TD Bauer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Not really into PVP, but like to see other players in game, so Mobius was just a logical group to join.

When I first started playing I played open, and was killed twice in the first day by some guy in a Python or Anaconda - not sure which it was as I was too knew and not sure what the hell was going on. I left a bad taste in my mouth, so I switched to solo play. Solo play was just fine, and I managed to build my way up to ASP within a couple weeks. Then a CG came along hauling tea to some station to fight the plaque that was raging, and I learned about Mobius. It was nice playing and seeing other players and bantering back and forth during the CGs.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:00 pm

It's the people here. This is such an amazing community! Passionate, still not zealous.
It's been 1 year in this community as an admin with thousands of active members and the number of times we actually had to intervene as admins or mods in anything is still in the single digits!
Wow!
They call the general Elite: Dangerous Community exceptional already!
I think the Mobius community beats them all! Never felt more at home than here!

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Because when i see a hollow blip on my scanner i'd rather say 'Hello' than 'Oh No'.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Return to “General Discussion”