Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
RoyMallis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RoyMallis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Nice Asp Story

Postby RoyMallis » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:58 am

So there I was, a federal combat transport, deep in enemy imperial space. I was hunting down some imperial scum to help me gain favor in the fed so I could rank up. All of a sudden I'm pulled out of supercruise by an imperial enforcer. Their ship is faster but I know I have the guns to take them down. It's just gonna take some time. So I ready my weapons and engage this vulture in combat. He's almost flying circles around me but I'm slowly but surly picking away at his ship. He's down to about %40 health and the son of bitch Rams into me taking out a good chunk of hull. I still got him though. And the I notice that some back up just dropped on on us. He's down to %10. I can blast him and jet out of here. The his shields go up. Fuck. The three other ships are here, time to dip. But something's wrong. My jump drive won't charge. I'm taking fire from all 4 shops and my shields are out. I'm not gonna make it.
BOOM!
I barely have enough credits to cover my replacement ship and I'm not starting over in that little POC after having worked up to this 6.6 mil ship.
So I get out of my escape pod and blow what have to replace everything. I have 1000 credits left to my name. I thump down into the pilot seat, cursing, swearing and damn the imperial price of space waste to hell. I fire up the dash and draw up the bulletin board. I'm not gonna risk combat again right now so I'm looking for some goods to move out of the system. Not much but small chump change missions. Then I see it. 144,000 credit job. Smuggling, nice low key and high priced. I grab it. Take few of the mallee ones heading out there too, just so I can play it off as some legit business still. So I take off. There's a bit of hold up at port though, accident or something so I have just speed afew times to avoid colliding with some idiots. But this catches the attention of the patrol coming around the station. My speakers call out, "scan detected." Shit, their gonna notice the pot...
Sure enough, 19,000 credit fine for illegal transport. Oh well. I'm not coming back here anyways. I jump to my first stop. Small job dropping of some wheat. No problem. Signal the station, get permission to land and silence my ship signature so I won't get scanned again. I dock get paid and get out. Next stop is a foods delivery. I drop in on the station request docking and head for the slot. I'm halfway there and then I remember. Shit my signature... I silence it again. Safe. But as I was doing that I mis the alignment for the slot, I was coming in to fast to stop and my shields are off for silent running. SLAM! I scrape along the wall %45 hull. 8,000 CR repair bill. But at least I find get scanned. Plus it's a 20,000 CR job so no big loss. On to big payday. I get to the last station no problem. But at the last second I get pulled out of supercruise by a pirate. Come on!? Really? I lock on to him to see if I can take him or if I should jet. I laugh as his info pops up. A novice little fighter, what an idiot. I flip my ship around and deploy my laser. Il first run by drops his shields and 65 of his hull. Gulp again, pass, boom! 7,000 bounty for me to cash in. I slide into the station quietly and unload for my big payday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”