LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Agents of Mobius in open play. any rules

Postby LionOfNarnia » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:37 pm

My forecast is ..

More players in Mobius than Open before chrimbo.

Until I heard about Mobius, I only played solo - because that's what Elite always was. One 'man' against the universe. But it's nice to have a bit of craic with like-mined, moral humans from time to time. Since I joined here I've only been in solo when there were too many Mobians in a CG for the number of targets.

I will NEVER play open.
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill wrote:
Gorf wrote:Let's say CMDR Hardy is a CODE follower (or whatever you'd call them). He joins the Mobius group, befriends a few Mobius CMDRs, and then sits at the main menu waiting to see one of those "friends" venture into open. He goes over to him, opens fire, deliberately gets himself blown up, and shows the screenshot to the admins. If I can think of it, they can.

They could do that now though couldn't they? It's not new to the existence of the faction. Besides being an odd and aggressive thing to do, I can't see how they would be breaking any rules as long as they are in Open and don't try to tell people otherwise.

Yes they can do it now (as I said, twice). No, it's not specific to the faction (as I have said). Yes it is bizarre behaviour (as I said). Yes they aren't breaking rules in open (which I didn't say as it's pretty obvious).

My point is that as there is no way for the admins to know that a kill happened in the group (where it is against the rules) or happened in open (where it is allowed), a Mobius CMDR must adhere to group rules even in open, or run the risk of expulsion if a suitably unpleasant and resourceful CODE CMDR (or whoever) decided to cause trouble.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:25 pm

in light of this conversation maybe it would be a good idea to ask FD to include the mode of play on the death screen that shows who killed you, that way the sort of dirty tricks that have been discussed in this thread cannot work and won't be much a problem unless someone starts photoshopping death screens.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:30 pm

I used to play eve online, and for the last few years was spent in the alliance No Holes Barred a pvp oriented wormhole dwelling group.

We would routinely have people going to very extreme lengths to infiltrate our group for nefarious purposes, often involving bought characters (allthough you probably would not get through our screening process with a "farmed" character).

Often due to our group policies you would have to pretend to be a productive member for at least three months to get access to anything worth stealing, often more.
For director level access to assets you would probably have to spend several years 'undercover'.
Even if ever doing anything like this means game over for you, there are much better/faster ways to make similar amounts of money so the real reason to do this is 10 minutes of infamy.

Considering the amount of overlap between eve players and ED there will be no real limit to how far some will go to ruin someones fun.

I am honestly surprised Code isn't routinely camping Sag a* or the neutron fields...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:26 am

TorTorden wrote:I am honestly surprised Code isn't routinely camping Sag a* or the neutron fields...

They purport to have a purpose (hence "the code") so there's no benefit from being so far out. Their targets would be (likely) unshielded and unarmed, so unless they could concoct some weird reason for destroying CMDRs who have made the journey, and have made that reason public, they are unlikely to put in the effort. That's not to say that individuals who enjoy causing heartache wouldn't go out there just to be nasty.

You should also consider that your typical Sag A* visitor is an Elite veteran, so one hint of a rumour of bad things happening out there, they'll just go solo.

From what I can tell, they just sit near the popular stations or those undergoing a CG - to maximise their disruption. When I chose open by mistake a few weeks ago, there was an ineffective blockade at Leesti for bounty hunters. I think there was a CG on but I didn't know, I was just there because it was the nearest place to get rid of some Alliance bounties I'd accrued.

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rodgeirr

Postby Rodgeirr » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm

I've done a lot of research into the above mentioned pirate group. I honestly don't want to even write their name, that's how disgusted I am with their behavior.

I am thankful, daily, that I am a member of Mobius. Even though I don't really get the chance to play with you chaps due to time difference and what not. You will never see me in open flying around willingly, and even if you do, it won't be for very long, or I clicked the wrong thing in the menu.

Lately I'm swapping between open/private group/solo to make missions respawn. But that's about it. Killing new people, then lying about it and just plain ruining the game experience for other people is quite frankly, inexcusable. I haven't seen anything they have done that would make me change my mind. As for their recent charitable behavior, I will quote Admiral Ackbar with a picture I shall be linking in this post.

Happy flying friends.

► Show Spoiler

TD Bauer
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: TD Bauer

Postby TD Bauer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Mobius wrote:as mentioned else where the order of Mobius faction is not a splinter group of the pve group, it is entirely a separate entity and will be treated as such.
only when playing within the elitepve group will rules of conduct be followed, this applies to any groups operating within our group, when in open you are free to play how you want.

Makes sense to me! Glad that is cleared up.

Looking forward to 1.4 going live.

NoSScar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Nosscar

Postby NoSScar » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:19 am

Of course i was only talking about if/when the Agents of Mobius became a power, and then would carry the tag, but i can see reasons why it has to deemed a separate group to Pve Mobius in open.

MottiKhan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MottiKhan

Postby MottiKhan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:04 pm

This is all interesting stuff. I guess I'll need to download Shadowplay and hold onto any recordings to show the powers that be what actually happened if I found myself in one of these mixups. I would be a bit annoyed to be kicked out of a PVE group for something that happened in open, especially if it was orchestrated.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Worth noting that Code pirates have even said openly that they like to send friend requests to EVERYBODY, often for the purposes of ganking them, and suggested we do the same, so we can see them coming.

That is definitely a trap. If you know someone is a hostile, don't accept friend requests from them. (Especially if you're in Open)

Return to “General Discussion”