Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Systems with Ship Discounts List

Postby Loriath » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:25 am

I searched and couldn't find it, but is there a list of places offering ship discounts (beyond Founders World)?

** Did some google Fu and found these so far: *AS OF Sept. 7/2015

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Loriath on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Systems with Ship Discounts List

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:49 am

Fantastic list, Loriath!

When I'm down in Diaguandri if I don't find what I'm looking for, I jump over to Aasgananu-Houssay Station. It's only about 35ly away and also offers 15% discounts since it's in Li Young-Rui. Don't forget that the discounts in Li Young-Rui apply to modules as well as ships! :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:28 am

I bought my Anaconda a while ago for full price. It sounds like it makes sense to sell everything on it, and the ship, buy a Sidewinder and head off to Li Young-Rui to rebuy everything to end up with more cash in my pocket. Is that logic correct?

If you sell modules/ships at a place with a discount do you sell them for full value or the lower amount? If you buy modules back (same station/session) you pay the same price you sold them for?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:53 am

de Carabas wrote:I bought my Anaconda a while ago for full price. It sounds like it makes sense to sell everything on it, and the ship, buy a Sidewinder and head off to Li Young-Rui to rebuy everything to end up with more cash in my pocket. Is that logic correct?

If you sell modules/ships at a place with a discount do you sell them for full value or the lower amount? If you buy modules back (same station/session) you pay the same price you sold them for?

You are correct.
And since rebuy is affected by ship cost your insurance coverage will also be lower.
Until forever.

As for modules, they are sold at the price you bought them for. But buy back price is the same as what you sold them for.
In short to get discounted modules on stuff you sell in that station you will have to wait until you no longer get the buy back option in outfitting.
They say to be certain, you should undock and wait 10 minutes.
You might as well sell everything where you are and travel there in a 32 ly shuttle

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:00 am

TorTorden wrote:
You are correct.
And since rebuy is affected by ship cost your insurance coverage will also be lower.
Until forever.

As for modules, they are sold at the price you bought them for. But buy back price is the same as what you sold them for.
In short to get discounted modules on stuff you sell in that station you will have to wait until you no longer get the buy back option in outfitting.
They say to be certain, you should undock and wait 10 minutes.
You might as well sell everything where you are and travel there in a 32 ly shuttle

Thanks.

Now I'm doubting myself and wondering if I did buy the 'conda at discount somewhere. I can check for the sell-back price for components in outfitting and presumably I'll get a sell price idea for the ship when buying a new one (the sell old or keep dialogue) but I'm not sure if that price for selling includes the components? Might have to have a play about this evening.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:32 am

just put your fit into coriolis or something, and work out if the price there matches the cost of your ship, you can work it out from the insurance cost, listed in your status screen.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:42 am

TorTorden wrote:just put your fit into coriolis or something, and work out if the price there matches the cost of your ship, you can work it out from the insurance cost, listed in your status screen.

Good thinking. :) Thanks again

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:03 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Fantastic list, Loriath!

When I'm down in Diaguandri if I don't find what I'm looking for, I jump over to Aasgananu-Houssay Station. It's only about 35ly away and also offers 15% discounts since it's in Li Young-Rui. Don't forget that the discounts in Li Young-Rui apply to modules as well as ships! :D

I added about the modules. I already had the L YR discounts.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

From what I'm seeing it's not 15% in Li Young-Rui space, but more like 12% (it dropped, or the prices increased just after I bought my conda for some reason)

NVM,

I borked my math. It's 15%.
Last edited by TorTorden on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:32 pm

de Carabas wrote:I bought my Anaconda a while ago for full price. It sounds like it makes sense to sell everything on it, and the ship, buy a Sidewinder and head off to Li Young-Rui to rebuy everything to end up with more cash in my pocket. Is that logic correct?

Don't forget that you will still lose 10% on the price of the basic ship when you trade it in. That's a substantial amount on a 'conda.

Return to “General Discussion”