High and low combat zones

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

High and low combat zones

Postby smartroad » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:33 am

The thread "Did I bite of more than I can chew?" got me thinking about CZ's. What is the difference between the High and Low ones? I have been into both and nothing seems to be different. There are the same amount of Anacondas, Pythons etc. I would have expected slightly fewer ships in the low ones and no (or at most maybe 1 or 2 as they could be command vessels) big ships like the Conda and Python.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: High and low combat zones

Postby TorTorden » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:14 am

I have been thinking about this and I keep landing on the same conclusion
The differentiation is quite simply broken...

If anything in lows they might have slightly lower ranks in general but not much (seems all npc's got an upgrade with 1.3) still see deadly/elite pythons etc.

As with res's I have actually routinely found better hunting in medium class sites rather than high intensity :P

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Gothyl
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Gothyl
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Gothyl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am

smartroad wrote:The thread "Did I bite of more than I can chew?" got me thinking about CZ's. What is the difference between the High and Low ones? I have been into both and nothing seems to be different. There are the same amount of Anacondas, Pythons etc. I would have expected slightly fewer ships in the low ones and no (or at most maybe 1 or 2 as they could be command vessels) big ships like the Conda and Python.

My experience has been that High are just a death wish if you dont have the right ships for it get used to just kill from range and run like hell if something take a liking for you or lasting a little before having to boost out and recharge shields before you can run in again.

Low conbat is pretty much the same as above but ship competency is more varied but don't expect to last long if you run into a cluster of fighters and not be targets by more then one pythons, condas and small ships. They tend to target what ever has higher heat and seem to have a liking for player characters.

I have done it with sidewinders on low zones well but kept to my gorilla tactics; I used an ASP but even as nice ship it is, it has to much surface to take for close combat and it turns like a semi-agile cow. So frag canons reap through you plus the canopy breaks very easily.

I then went to a vulture which i bought it last night on my stream - man its a new game the large hardpoints are freaking awesome I can destroy everything with it just target the powerplant regardless of the size and let the lazers speak so good for it and as a testament I killed my first anaconda last night on a combat zone in close quarters. I was sloppy but it was fine. I think i did 30 minutes on the low combat zone and made 360k on bounties.

Anyway i kinda coming to the conclusion elite is really about two things; the player behind the controls but more importantly the ship.
CMDR GOTHYL
Twitch | http://Twitch.tv/dmportella
Schedule: Tue to Sat from GMT 8 PM to 12 PM and Sun from 10 AM to 10 PM
Twitter | http://twitter.com/dmportella

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:35 pm

I've been in CZ's a lot lately trying to go from Deadly to Elite. I play in High Int CZ's most of the time. I had to go into a Low Int CZ yesterday because there were no High Int in the system.

All I noticed was there were fewer ships in the Low Int CZ. I spent a lot of time flying from point to point instead of shooting.

In High Int CZ's, there's always plenty nearby to shoot at.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:39 am

Hi there,
I decided to take my Asp out again into a Low CZ and try my luck. Kitted it out with 2 Shield boosters, 2x C2 gimbal beams, 4 x C1 gimbal Cannons. Brought the ship in 3 times and made an average of 500k.
The 1st and only time I went into a High CZ was with my Cobra. Didn't last long as I was beset by a Conda and a Python. Got out of there fast.

I read somewhere that the main difference between High and Low CZs is that in High CZs there is no balance of forces. One side will always have more fighters than others. Also there are more bigger ships (Condas, Pythons, Couriers.)

Regards.

Return to “General Discussion”