Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
glojo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kotecki
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Mobius Faction?

Postby glojo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm a newbie here but would like to suggest that no matter where you decide to locate, should it have the highest tech type planet possible to allow everyone to buy or upgrade their ship with whatever equipment they want?

Keep all our ships parked and upgrade at our homebase :)

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Preferably with a 15% discount :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm assuming the way this would work would be similar to any minor faction. We start as a minor faction in one station (our home). Through missions and CZs we become the dominant faction for that station (if we didn't start that way), and that going forward we'd need to continue doing missions, etc to stay in charge.

Once we have dominated 'our' station we can move on to any other stations in the system until we dominate the system (this assumes there are any other stations).

Once we have dominated 'our' system, we could move onto the surrounding systems. I assume again, once we have enough systems under our control then we would be considered as a 'power' and PP stuff would kick in.

Given how many systems the current powers control I guess it would take a fair bit of time and effort to become a power.

If 'our' system starts out being under the control of a current power, I take it that we can undermine that power in our system to take control of it.

Lots of assumptions here.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TomoRosso

Postby TomoRosso » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:59 pm

glojo wrote:I'm a newbie here but would like to suggest that no matter where you decide to locate, should it have the highest tech type planet possible to allow everyone to buy or upgrade their ship with whatever equipment they want?

Keep all our ships parked and upgrade at our homebase :)

As far as I am aware, and excluding Rafferty's Mobius only 3 Mobius named stations are starports, all the rest are platforms.

Hernkopa has 2 high tech systems within 50ly and another 80ly away with a good stock of ships and parts.

Boozeman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Boozeman

Postby Boozeman » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi there,

Maybe this was suggested before, but I see that our minor faction might be not aligned to any superpowers. One prefers Empire, one Feds or Alliance. Let's do compromise here and choose some High Tech system Independent minor faction :-)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Pulled together some info on the various Mobius stations/outpost - far from complete, but a start

HIP 104256: Mobius Dock (??? ls): Outpost: Extraction, Industrial: Refuel, Repair
Bayah: Mobius Enterprise (235 ls): Coriolis: Industrial: Outfitting, Rearm, Refuel, Shipyard, Repair
Tapiete: Mobius Enterprise (318 ls): Outpost: Extraction, Industrial: Outfitting, Refuel, Repair
Quechi: Mobius Landing (??? ls): Outpost: Extraction, Refinery: Refuel, Repair
Eravins: Mobius Mine (??? ls): Outpost: Extraction: Outfitting, Refuel, Repair
HIP 14619: Mobius Orbital (1115 ls): Orbis : Agriculture: Outfitting, Rearm, Refuel, Shipyard, Repair
Hun Hi: Mobius Outpost (??? ls): Outpost: Extraction: Outfitting, Refuel, Repair
Sifjar: Mobius Platform (41 ls): Outpost (Military): Extraction, Refinery: ???
Urabru: Mobius Port (??? ls): Outpost: Terraforming: Refuel, Repair
Hernkopa: Mobius Station (886 ls): Coriolis: Industrial: Outfitting, Rearm, Refuel, Shipyard, Repair, BM
Supenges: Mobius Stop (??? Ls): Outpost: Extraction: ???
Salimandali: Mobius Survey (8 ls): Outpost: Extraction, Refinery: ???
HIP 15815: Mobius Works (??? ls): Outpost: Extraction, Refinery: ???
Azrael: Rafferty’s Mobius (399 ls): Orbis: Agriculture: Outfitting, Rearm, Refuel, Shipyard, Repair

Sorry about the layout, couldn't get it to format correctly

(Edit: Updated with correct station type for Mobius Station)
Last edited by Xebeth on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomoRosso

Postby TomoRosso » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Xebeth wrote:Pulled together some info on the various Mobius stations/outpost - far from complete, but a start

Hernkopa: Mobius Station (886 ls): Orbis: Industrial: Outfitting, Rearm, Refuel, Shipyard, Repair, BM

Not meaning to pick holes but Mobius Station is a Coriolis Starport.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:58 pm

TomoRosso wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Pulled together some info on the various Mobius stations/outpost - far from complete, but a start

Hernkopa: Mobius Station (886 ls): Orbis: Industrial: Outfitting, Rearm, Refuel, Shipyard, Repair, BM

Not meaning to pick holes but Mobius Station is a Coriolis Starport.

Thanks, updated.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Walter wrote:
Mobius wrote:it maybe just me but the title " the order" sounds rather ominous, not my idea but I am liking " order of the mobius " has a more chivalrous tone to it.

thinking about it a few others have come up with some good text for what the order of the Mobius is. so unless something better comes up im going with the Order of the Mobius.

playing with the above union sounds better. "a society or association formed by people with a common interest or purpose."

The only problem with a compound name is that it will always be shortened: 'The Order of Mobius' will become 'The Order' like it or not.

I prefer the simpler 'Mobius' as it is incorruptible, unpretentious and still open to a certain amount of individual interpretation.

And if everyone is thinking about a home base, can I suggest the Independent Mobius Station in Hernkopa. True, it is in the middle of Empire space (pace Kharma), but there are a number of other independent (and soon to become independent) systems in the region. The neighbours, Aisling Duval's crew, are a little worrisome, but that can be regarded as a challenge rather than a threat. If you're thinking of expansion there are ideal opportunities for nursery systems and plenty of RESs for the children to play in as they grow up. Unexplored regions lie in easy reach for the more adventurous and local opportunities for trade abound.

All in all, the ideal location for a growing Independent family (as long as it doesn't develop hierarchies, guilds, clades, rosters or duties).

I see the pills are working......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:I see the pills are working......
:)

Only the yellow ones. The blue ones have a warning on the pack: Only to be taken in case of 1.4.

Return to “General Discussion”