Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Hooray! Got my first new ship!

Postby Brixmis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Thanks Cmdr Flip. Yeah, one of the guys told me about the ammo thing, but was undecided if it was worth it - so I'll definitely get one tonight (if everything's okay - my game crashed as I was outfitting it last night).

Concerning monitors - Yay! My wife just bought me a third screen :D

Life's gonna be gooood! Image

Harag
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Harag
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Harag » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Having never had 3 monitors... how do you plug 3 into the PC - I have a card with 2 slots, and 2 monitors. so am I right in saying that people who have 3+ have more than one card in the PC ? or is there some other trick?

Mr_Average
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Mr_Average

Postby Mr_Average » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Depends on your graphics card. Not sure if there are any on the market that have 3 x HDMI outputs. I can have four monitors with my GTX 770 (One Dual Link DVI-I, One Dual Link DVI-D, One HDMI, One DisplayPort), but (and this is where my lack of knowledge comes in) I can't have 1920 x 1080 for all four AFAIK.

Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis

Postby Brixmis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Yes - mine is the GTX760 OC and has four outputs. I'm currently using two different DVI format connectors. The one that is coming is also a DVI job, but when I bought the card, I knew I would want 3 screens at some stage, so I bought an adapter to plug it into a Displayport socket.

I wasn't really too bothered to start with (about 3 monitors) - I've had two LCDs for years now, and have been using them both in all my flight sims - usually one side for exporting gauges, cockpit displays or GPS and the like. Then I started one up and had the wrong setting and had the cockpit view across both monitors and that was the decision made!

Anyway, back to ED - I was really looking forward to the action this evening, but I did some rearranging work in my cockpit this afternoon, and also switched my HOTAS from the Warthog to the G940. This meant reassigning the controls, and then remembering where they were.

It turned out a disaster and I already lost two ships without even leaving the starport! :shock:
I also suffered two more game crashes (one in the Galaxy map again).

So in future, it will be Warthog only for Elite D and tonight it's just a write-off and wait to see what awaits with Beta 3.

Return to “General Discussion”