PSA: Wanting to get involved in PowerPlay but don't know what to do?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

PSA: Wanting to get involved in PowerPlay but don't know what to do?

Postby highlightshadow » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Please check out the Reddit groups related to the various powers...
http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/wiki/subreddits

They're all well coordinated and using strategy and cooperation to maximise their reletive powers.
There is generally something for everyone given the different powers missions etc...

Given Mobius is probably the largest single collection of players in the game we have the capacity to drive power-play forward.
Get involved ... you can do as little or as much as you want
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Re: PSA: Wanting to get involved in PowerPlay but don't know what to do?

Postby stummies » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Now that I understand PP a bit better, this kind of stuff is very important. Contributing to the wrong system can negatively impact your power.

Too bad there isn't some in game mechanism to coordinate effort.

Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror

Postby Soulmirror » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Too bad there isn't some in game mechanism to coordinate effort.

In game if you look at each faction it lists the planets that it is trying to overtake. It shows both the points that it will take to overthrow the planet and how much the planets forces / opposing faction are resisting.

There is a section of the boards for powerplay, that is what I would use. As for me, I am working on my fighter ability, so I am using Duval for the + Bounty. As there is not a huge penalty* for switching, it seems as though you can switch with ease.

I would use both of these to coordinate effort with guildies. Last night it took me 2 missions and about 90 min to get to Level 2 power.

* I have switched once:

1) There is a mechanic in place, I think, I signed up with one of the independents and dropped them. I could not join another faction for 12 hours. Now that I am with Duval, if I drop her, it now says 1 day and anyone in that faction will hunt me down. So, there may be a larger time restriction every time you switch.

PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark

Postby PulsarShark » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Soulmirror wrote:[glow=orange] So, there may be a larger time restriction every time you switch.

I haven't switched, but I'm PP rating 4, and my hunt-down time is given as.. several days, I forget how many exactly. So I don't know if Leaving or Defecting has an effect, but I'm pretty sure it increases with your Rating.

PillDoc98
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PillDoc98

Postby PillDoc98 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:08 pm

It increases with your rank with your chosen power, the higher your rank the longer the cool down before you can join another power and the longer you are hunted.

BrocMcGregor
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Broc "Badger" McGregor

Postby BrocMcGregor » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:53 pm

PillDoc98 wrote:It increases with your rank with your chosen power, the higher your rank the longer the cool down before you can join another power and the longer you are hunted.

okay, now that is freaking awesome! Think of it, it actually treats you like a traitor! :D Haha!! So if someone wanted to say, become infamous, that'd be one way to do so in a PvE environment, without having to "grief" other players. That's pretty cool.
one of ElitePVE's "Turbulent ChildrenTM"

Return to “General Discussion”