Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Postby Skipp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:31 am

Just a quick question... if i'm wanted in a specific system, and the stations there tell me i'm "Wanted" - is that for PvPers nad NPC bountyhunters only, or will that station open fire on me at some point?

I just want to be sure... don't want to get blown up by a station when randomly asking for docking permissions

JohnLuke wrote:I'll have to do a bit of research to learn what file format and size is best for next time. ;)

feel free to PM me, I can tell you a whole lot about video/image editing 8-)
Last edited by Skipp on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:33 am

My current bounty in the galaxy: 135,000 cr.
RES farming is out of the question, I had way too many scans to evade. The same goes with the option to report crimes committed against me. I have to be real careful if the police show as they prefer me as their target rather than the ship already shooting at me when they show up. As long as I stay in solo or Mobius I have little to nothing to fear. If a station guard ship does scan me and I'm more than 4km out, I'll abort the docking run. So far I've only had to do this once in two weeks.

For my day-to-day operation (missions and trading) it's hardly even noticeable. I do make an effort to keep myself in the system I'm flying out of bounty free. I've been able to dock at starports in about 40 seconds from 7.5 km out and I simpy avoid military outposts.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:50 am

Skipp wrote:Just a quick question... if i'm wanted in a specific system, and the stations there tell me i'm "Wanted" - is that for PvPers nad NPC bountyhunters only, or will that station open fire on me at some point?

In my experience, the station itself won't fire at you, unless you open fire in the no-fire zone or get stuck in the letterbox. But if system security ships scan you successfully, they will shoot at you. However a full scan takes some time and you can either use silent running or launch chaffs to prevent a scan or slow it down.

Besides, at the moment when you exit SC near a station, it usually takes a couple of minutes for security ships to spawn (unless other commanders were already there so the instance existed before you entered it). So if you boost a couple of times and don't hang around, you always have time to enter the station before they finish or even start scanning you. I only use silent running if my scanner shows security ships close to me or between the station and me, but it hasn't happened in a long time.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:37 pm

If you get scanned outside the station your docking rights will be revoked and if you've got inside the letterbox you'll find yourself tresspassing.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Aah, so that explains why a green target, a peaceful bunch of vipers that i was shooting pirates with in a RES all of a sudden went berserk on me! Guess that 100k bounty looked good for them xD

Thnx for the tip.
ImageImage

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:15 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Here's a quick (and unfortunately low quality) video showing how I got a 7 day bounty and didn't even fire a weapon. I had just dropped into a RES, and saw a clipper. Knowing that clippers are always wanted, I boosted towards him. I guess he was at full speed coming straight for me as well, and we hit head on. It destroyed him, but there wasn't time for the scanner to do it's job before impact. Now I'm wanted for 7 days in my favorite system. The good news is that last week I started storing my ships elsewhere. ;)

It went dormant?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Kiltrathi wrote:My current bounty in the galaxy: 135,000 cr.
RES farming is out of the question, I had way too many scans to evade.

Why??

I was in a few RES last night and get scanned all the time by various security forces with a 200k bounty and never had an issue... only BH kill-warrant scan you .... local police only check for crimes in their own system
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:57 pm

I do concur that I was already wanted in that system.
I showed up in a RES where every system authority ship turned red and began punching holes in my ship as soon as they figured out I was wanted. You've made me doubt my experience now, I'm sure this is what caused it. I'll have to double check tonight.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Well my bounties fell off and I have decided to not take or do missions in my home system. I am thinking that this is going to be a best practice from here forward unless you have the intention of flipping a system.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:27 pm

StaticRadion wrote:Well my bounties fell off and I have decided to not take or do missions in my home system. I am thinking that this is going to be a best practice from here forward unless you have the intention of flipping a system.

That's the reason that I moved my ships to a neighboring system (and independent station to boot) near where I BH and trade. The old "don't poop where you eat" plan of not causing trouble in your home system is smart, IMO. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”