Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Thunderbird
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: HMS Surprise
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Lower bounties since Power Play?

Postby Thunderbird » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:26 am

Last night I thought I would do a bit of bounty hunting at a Nav beacon and got two (very low) rewards of just 200 credits each. The lowest I'd seen before 1.3 were about 3,000.

This seems new. Has anyone noticed this since 1.3?
--
Mac OS, Steam, Logitech 3D Pro

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Re: Lower bounties since Power Play?

Postby clivewil » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:04 am

yep, my last RES foray was rather dismal. 500k after about an hour. got a couple of clippers, a couple of dropships and then nothing but eagles and sidewinders
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Thunderbird
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: HMS Surprise

Postby Thunderbird » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:08 am

Ha ha, I'd be pretty happy with 500k but I guess you're a bit further along than me!!

I did think 200 was a bit stingy.

FAOD I don't mean 200k, I literally mean 200!
--
Mac OS, Steam, Logitech 3D Pro

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:28 am

RES at the moment (whether its bugged we don't know) have been nerfed to destruction...

Aguably its because RES become Cash Farm rather than Mining sites.... which maybe unintended from FDev's perspective

There are now missions onthe BB that will reward well in excess of a 1m Cr for a kill ... i think thats the new intended method.
Not to mention certain trading aspects have been given a buff again ....
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:39 am

I spent about 90 minutes in a high intensity RES site and only shot Cobra's or below. It brought in 700K in bounties. I make that a lot quicker in assassination missions where a single target for my combat rating can reach 300k.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:43 am

I was at a RES yesterday (1.3) and I did Ok(ish). A mix of small and big ships, with the lowest bounties in 10k's (Sidewinders) and the highest bounty 270k (a Python). I'd say the average bounty was 50k, and as some of the smaller ships also had Bounties in that region, it went pretty quick.
I also took all the smaller ships to waste no time and it looked like the mix in ship sizes was how it's supposed to be. (they went down in seconds, of course) Anaconda after Anaconda after Anaconda like you said it was before sometimes seems a little unrealistic I would say. :)

I have to add, that was my first time RES Bounty hunting, so I cannot compare to before 1.3.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:45 am

highlightshadow wrote:There are now missions onthe BB that will reward well in excess of a 1m Cr for a kill

if the game remembers to pay you, that is. most missions pay far less than they claim, and i've had a few that didn't pay me at all (i took screenshots)
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:11 am

Log bugs with the screenshots then .... that's broken

Lets face it ... 1.3 wasn't cooked when they let us have it .... When beta8 came out on thursday everyone assumed then that'd be it for that week ... The bug forum was still teeming with new and unfixed issues.... releasing it to the screaming masses was poorly done.... They should have released 1.3 as beta9 and then another fix today as beta10 with normal release tomorrow.
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:03 pm

I attempted numerous times over the weekend to collect some bounty income but I averaged the same as you all, 500-700k per run, previously this would have been 1.5-2mill+. I have tried high intensity and regular in multiple different systems without much difference.

I did find some info on the Elite forums regarding picking a good location to hunt at. I found one system with a really high pop, metal rich ring, with the dominant faction (~70%) being the unfettered faction... so ideally this would be a good system. Only did 1 run, it seemed like it may fare better, but I will need to experiment there some more. Ships were smaller but the frequency of targets was high enough that I was chain killing pirates for a bit, I'm hoping as my standing worsens it will improve.

I'd even be fine if BH was still profitable but just done differently, trick though is figuring out how to make money again. I sold my Python and rebuilt a FDL, may end up downgrading to the Vulture though if profits are going to be so low, no sense in spending all that cash on a combat ship that is overkill.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 pm

I just had a good run at a low intensity RES. Pythons and Federal Dropships kept coming in, 80k - 150k Bounty each. Was not too bad, made 2 mill in 2 hours play time. Before 1.3 it could have been double that, but still not very shabby.
The most interesting part it is in a highly secured Federal system, whith the major faction at 99% influence. There were many times more security vessels than pirates, but they still kept coming :)

Return to “General Discussion”