Mapping software

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Mapping software

Postby smartroad » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:25 am

I remember reading on the main forums of some software that is for mapping the galaxy. As a side benefit it would track your location as you move across. I am taking part in the Siruis run and would love a record of my travels, but I can't find the post. Anyone have a clue as to the softwares name? :)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Bear67
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fortman, Otto Fortman, bEAR67

Re: Mapping software

Postby Bear67 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Found a post from last year that lists all known 3rd party apps for ED.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52248

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:14 am

Maybe you mean EDDiscovery? You can find it here: http://firstgreatexpedition.org/mybb/sh ... p?tid=1406
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

HurstLlama
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: HurstLlama
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby HurstLlama » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:58 pm

@SmartRoad

If you do use EDDiscovery I for one would take it as a great favour if you would post on here how you got on with it. I looked at the possibility of using it but I was already out in the Black and seemed like too much effort to set it up away from systems that it already knew about.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Loriath wrote:Maybe you mean EDDiscovery? You can find it here: http://firstgreatexpedition.org/mybb/sh ... p?tid=1406

That be the one! Many thanks :D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Finwen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Finwen

Postby Finwen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:06 pm

If you have nay questions or suggersion about EDDiscovery ask me. I am the one slowly developing it.

M. Kowalsky
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Matt Kowalsky

Postby M. Kowalsky » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:28 am

Hi there Finwen,

I have been using your EDDiscovery program almost ever since I started Elite Dangerous and I love it, but I have a some suggestions:

First, I would really hate to loose the data that I have gathered so far. Accidents happen and I could loose the netlog files or the sqlite data files. Is there a way to backup the data (and restore it of course)?
Of course, we could simply backup the sqlite datafiles in appdata/Local/EDDiscovery but it would be better to have a menu option to do the backup/export and restore/import

Second, I would very much like to be able to search the database for a System and enter a note without having to actually fly there. Manually manipulating the sqlite db (or entering the system name in the netlog file manually and let eddiscovery think I've flown there) is possible but it's error prone and not very user friendly.

Third, I'd like to be able to filter the database by notes. For example, if I make a note that a system is partially explored, I want to be able to view all partially explored systems (of course I can cut&paste everything in a spreadsheet and filter it there, but it'd be a great addition if your program would do it all itself)

Lastly, it would be great if the "Nearby Systems" window would show the Notes as well as the System names and distance.

Keep up the good work!

Return to “General Discussion”