Asp for simultaneous exploring, trading, fighting?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Asp for simultaneous exploring, trading, fighting?

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:24 am

Yep, love the freedom and the npc's "i wonder what you're carrying" followed by "how is this happening?" never gets old :)

Only Strong Signal Sources (winged anacondas etc) are out of the question right now for me - maybe when I get my mirrored composite...

KleinerFisch
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Pisciculus

Postby KleinerFisch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:20 am

When getting that NPC's "Wondering how you earn your credits" on comms I respond "With bountyhunting!" and shoot'em right in the face :evil:

I have an Asp equipped for combat/trade/exploration and when getting bored with RES-hunting in my Vulture, I do multipurpose runs in the Asp. Has 72t cargo space, advanced and surface scanner, 2 med burst lasers and 4 multicannons ... dunno how much jump range, but it's fine in my books for getting from A to B with little hassle. Always fun getting interdicted, the bounties pay for ammo and fuel :D
You sure have bigger fish to fry ...

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Ok so what I'm concluding is pretty much what I've expected:

+ Awesome freedom, never missing out on opportunities of any kind and perfect if you're trying to support a specific political party in a system

+ no worries of any kind, like being interdicted or not finding a large pad to land etc

+ perfect for immersion - it makes a multi tasker out of you and you always have stuff to do, but...

- slow paced and better suited for hanging around in systems you visit, rather than quickly jumping around and

- profit is good, but extra planning and traveling times eat into that

All in all, for anybody considering it, I'd say go for it if you value immersion more than progression.

Return to “General Discussion”