Black Puddin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Black Puddin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby Black Puddin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:15 pm

VictoriaG wrote:
Black Puddin wrote:Oh I know that, but I spent the night jumping to empty RESs/relogging/cruising out and back in, think I saw 1 clipper and 1 drop ship all night.
I fancy a change anyway so gonna do conflict zone for a bit, i just need to find a decent station to change my outfit slightly.

I noticed you at the last site I tried, it started to spawn big ships, made a 1m before deciding to call it a night.

I noticed you in nearly every site I tried, said hello a couple of times and got no response so I thought bugger this I'm not competing for kills with an anny. Then it seemed every time I jumped to a new site (tried 5 or 6 all together) you were there either before me or shortly after, so I guessed you were having no luck with the spawns either.

So I thought I'd look for a new system with RESs and then stumbled across an active CZ.

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jeffers2112 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Banjax wrote:
Jeffers2112 wrote:I ended up in this system by accident on my way elsewhere....
Yep, it's a fun place for RES farming.
And apologies to CMDR Banjax.. met him there, first group member I've seen in ages, but I hadn't a clue how to respond to his Wing request. I must do some homework!

Jeffers, no worries mate. if you want, add me and we'll go hunting again when you can :D i just felt bad kill stealing lol

I think I've got it sorted, I had some issues with my key bindings for the various screens. So if we meet again I should be ready!
BTW, just left that system as the RES's seem to have disappeared? I might try jumping back in again to see if that helps....
And I've sent a friend request in game... Must add some more people from this group, yours is the first I've added.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Black Puddin wrote:
VictoriaG wrote:
Black Puddin wrote:Oh I know that, but I spent the night jumping to empty RESs/relogging/cruising out and back in, think I saw 1 clipper and 1 drop ship all night.
I fancy a change anyway so gonna do conflict zone for a bit, i just need to find a decent station to change my outfit slightly.

I noticed you at the last site I tried, it started to spawn big ships, made a 1m before deciding to call it a night.

I noticed you in nearly every site I tried, said hello a couple of times and got no response so I thought bugger this I'm not competing for kills with an anny. Then it seemed every time I jumped to a new site (tried 5 or 6 all together) you were there either before me or shortly after, so I guessed you were having no luck with the spawns either.

So I thought I'd look for a new system with RESs and then stumbled across an active CZ.

Sorry probably missed it in the chat window, today was good I just made 4m, never ending stream of big ships....

Black Puddin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Black Puddin

Postby Black Puddin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:31 pm

VictoriaG wrote:
Black Puddin wrote:I noticed you in nearly every site I tried, said hello a couple of times and got no response so I thought bugger this I'm not competing for kills with an anny. Then it seemed every time I jumped to a new site (tried 5 or 6 all together) you were there either before me or shortly after, so I guessed you were having no luck with the spawns either.

Sorry probably missed it in the chat window, today was good I just made 4m, never ending stream of big ships....

No worries, it's easily done, see you out there.

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Banjax

Postby Banjax » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Ok guys in a non scientific manner , I've figured you can get about 14-16 mil out of a res site before the natives turn hostile.

I don't exactly have any proof of this, it's just what seems to happen when I hit a system. I reset the system till it's all big ships, I'm flying a fully militarised python and I generally pull 6 to 8 mill out at a time, after doing this about twice.....the local gang gets a tad grumpy and for some unknown reason try to kill me on sight.

Ok, it may have something to do with all their wrecked ships and me giving the answer to "what are you carrying?" with "lots of ammunition."

Am i off the mark, does anyone want to try and corroborate this totally scientific finding of mine?

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Banjax wrote:... me giving the answer to "what are you carrying?" with "lots of ammunition."

My favourite with no cargo is "How do you fools make a living?"
"Here, let me show you..."

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Hey guys, I've been pretty busy so I haven't been able to find too many RES locations.

But I found a really nice Outpost (no large landing pad) with Rearm, Refuel, and Outfitting that is only 0.12 ls away from a RES!!!! Unfortunately, you need a permit in the Federation. It took me about 30 minutes to get doing trade missions in a Cobra.

System: Exbeur (Federation Permit Required)
Station: Haxel Enterprise (Outpost; no large landing pad)
0.12 - 0.30 LS - The station is orbiting the planet closer than the rings.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:12 pm

If you're in or near Fed Space - I have a nice RES system for you. Deneb Algedi

Planetary rings with WHITE (Ok - Dirty Grey lol - but still very visible) asteroids - in sunshine 99% of the time due to the tilt of the planet.

Nearest station to the RES site at the rings is:

Burke Port
Independent Democracy Refinery/Extraction
Distance From Jump In: 240ls
Services: Blackmarket, Commodities Market, Outfitting, Shipyard, Repairs
Installation Type: Coriolis Starport
Landing Pads: Small, Medium, Large

2 res sites - Planetary rings - 0.2ls

One thing to note is that the station is BETWEEN the rings and the planet so if your canopy is breached it's often quicker to head to one of the outposts to repair - Fadlan Refinery is only 231ls away.

There's another 3 RES sites in the system and a couple of Outposts for when you get fined :)

Also Conflict Zones next door in Wolf 918 - Low and High intensity - at least there was earlier today.

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:40 pm

2 RES sites in Alliance core system area: LHS 2637 and He Bo

Both have stations within a few Ls from the RES site. LHS 2637 is a high tech system as well, I fitted my Vulture mostly from this system (Perez Ring station). These systems are 1 jump away from each other with multiple neighboring systems that can be used to pay off fines.

Octopoid
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Octopoid

Postby Octopoid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:57 am

Been doing this RES stuff myself for the last couple of nights and noticed last night that I hit the Feds once or twice as they flew through my reticule, but they didn't attack me and I didn't get the wanted tag.

I'm sure I hit at least one Eagle, I saw the impact on the shield. Maybe they put the tolerance level up? Only times I've had to scarper have been when I've either targeted the wrong ship or not waited long enough for the WANTED bit to pop up in the scan, even though the Feds have already been blasting the target.

What weapons do you guys with Vipers use to take out the big ships on your own? I've got E1 beams for shield then F2 multi cannons for hull, but it seems to take me ages with a big ship and they eventually wear my shields down and I need the coppers to drop in and help me out a bit now and again. Clippers are fairly easy but I run out of ammo too quickly on the Anacondas.

Return to “General Discussion”