Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 am

clivewil wrote:currently there's no pirate Anacondas, no pirate Elite. it's going to make ranking up harder for any Deadly commanders out there

:(

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby clivewil » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:26 am

UnmarkedBoxcar wrote: :(

harder but not impossible of course, my grind to rank up was done in a CZ instead, where you'll have sufficient targets but compared to a RES you have less chance of survival and a bit less money.

there's plenty of Deadlies in the HI-RES still though, but it will take you twice as long to reach the next rank than it would if they were Elite unfortunately
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:21 am

You can find some wanted Condas in USS or around Nav Beacons. But even there, they're pretty rare.

BTW, another thing that happens now and didn't before: RES populations can now evolve. That is you can start in a RES with mostly small ships, and after some time, it evolves and start spawning big ones. I'm not saying it happens systematically, but I've seen it a couple of times.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:22 am

Flip wrote:RES populations can now evolve. That is you can start in a RES with mostly small ships, and after some time, it evolves and start spawning big ones.

I can confirm this. It's not very often though, but when it happened to me in a normal RES, I kept getting dropships, pythons and clippers one after another. What I usually do is drop into a RES, kill some small ships because i've never seen a RES spawn big ships immediately, then wait a min or two while flying with the cops (they usually tend to find big ships first).

If nothing spawns in 5min, i just log out - and log back in. Repeat and hope for the best.

I'm gonna try some of the sites mentioned in this post for the empire side. I was hunting in Opet. There are multiple low/normal/high RES points there and you can get a lot of money if you're lucky with spawns. Unfortunately, the closest station is 800-1100 Ls away depending on the RES you pick.
ImageImage

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:31 pm

I have had really consistent RES spawns at Ross 467. Constant stream of Pythons/Clippers/Dropships. All Master - Deadly. If I don't see a wanted Python right away, I leave the RES; even though I know larger ships can spawn later on. This technique guarantees a solid RES spawn, but I know my impatience lowers my chances. With these good spawns, a large wanted ship should always be on Sensors; making it a struggle to kill all wanted ships in time before they die.

I am getting 80-180k for bounties. I have encountered a few Deadly Dropships that yield 180k+ and have armor thicker than most Anaconda's. Not having any Wanted Anaconda's at RES isn't that big of a deal imo.

Last night I farmed in 3 sessions. I only had to leave and come back 1-3 times to find a consistent spawn. The last run had 3 Federal Anaconda's, murdering Deadly AI in mere seconds; making it very easy to accrue 3.2 mil cr in about an hour.

I am staying at Ross 467 and encourage others to check it out if they are having RES trouble.
The system has 3 High Intensity RES about ~30 Mm from the station. It is a great place test spawns.
edit: I am hostile with one Pirate faction at Ross 467, which may explain my consistent spawns.

The list in the OP will need to be rechecked regarding RES intensity. Iota Persei isn't a good farm anymore due to lacking High Intensity RES.
I know Zeta Horologii has 1 High Intensity RES, if anyone wants to remain in Empire space.

If anyone wants to help update the list, I would be eternally grateful. I am struggling to find enough ED time to do everything I want.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Fusang contains the following:

Fusang 3
    1x Low Intensity RES
    2x Regular RES
    1x High Intensity RES

Fusang 2
    1x High Intensity RES

Fusang 3 is the planet the station is orbiting, just a few seconds away, Fusang 2 is 100ls out. Not too far.

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks UnmarkedBoxcar, I have updated OP and will have much more work to do.

Fusang and Zeta Horologii are well rounded systems; both with a station that has great outfitting. Ross 467 is still my favorite due to multiple HI RES and convenient layout; but it lacks proper outfitting/shipyard like the 2 former systems have.

These 3 systems are well situated, which makes me want to find a great RES farm for each major Power.

DexterMaximus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DexterMaximus

Postby DexterMaximus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:08 am

Would it be possible to update the res list with who is in power?

In most part this is for Hudson and ALD space as they pay the most.
Mega Bonus if there are also conflict zones...

Also...
In terms of profit (If not pledged) is Res farming still better solo, as I understand it they will only spawn at the same rate no matter how many players are there? has anyone tested this.

CZ farming, you can do in a wing, for added lulz... Not as much profit as solo res, but still pretty good especially when added to mission stacking (war zone contracts and such) plus it is quicker to farm rating as there is no waiting for bad guys!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 am

I checked out iota persei tonight, and granted must have gotten a little lucky but just from the close standard RES (neither high nor low) and clocked in a steady stream of clippers, dropships and pythons.

Made just over 2 mil in just over an hour.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Vences
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vences

Postby Vences » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:55 am

BV PHOENICIS

2 and 4 have high res, 2 has normal RES too. 4 does have an outpost nearby. 2 has nothing. 3 does have a spaceport.

Empire, not controlled by anybody.

Return to “General Discussion”