Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby Shadowed » Fri May 15, 2015 1:17 am

StaticRadion wrote:Thanks for the info, I looked up LTT 4961 in the galaxy map and it looks perfect. I mean if they at some point offer the ability to mine planets it gets even better. The system is really the complete package, but I guess I am going to have to see what you mean by "burns retinas" and if i can handle it.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1737&start=80#p19395

It was my home base for about four weeks. I ended up making a new theme for the weapon reticules to be easier to see. I'm still using it because I like it. Lowering gamma and/or adjusting your tv/monitor can make it much more bearable.

http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/#them ... _0.01_0.32

I found Arkku's editor to be rather inaccurate to how the game truly looks, but the theme I'm using is really nice imo except for the dark text in stations.

LTT 4961 has since spawned more conflict zones so it is a great system except for the brightness.
I'm sure there are better 'complete' systems nearby! Just takes a lot of time exploring...

Sorbicol wrote:I'm going to farming the RES sites at Iota Persei for a while. Just been and got about £750k in bounties for an hours work, probably the most lucrative hour I've had in the game so far not counting the Diso CG.

Thanks for the Tip!

Once you get the Crimson partnership to hate you, then you will start to make even more cr! I've never seen a 1% group be so omnipresent. They like to attack in wings of 3.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 15, 2015 11:22 am

UnmarkedBoxcar wrote:My neighborhood is growing! :mrgreen:

Well..... you can add one more new neighbor to the list. :D

I just made the trip to Fusang in my vulture this morning, before heading off to work (dang real world responsibilities!).

Hope to see you at the RES!

I haven't tried Wings yet, but would like to give it a shot if anyone is up for it.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

I'd be game to wing, I'm in Fusang at the moment too. Right now just working on refitting a few ships that I sold for the FDL, almost have a Vulture refitted. I'll be on later this evening once work is done and I pick my son up, add me as a friend.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Fri May 15, 2015 3:04 pm

John! That's awesome. And Stummies...might I just add that I love so much that your ship is named Giggles.

So much.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Fri May 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Oh heck Stummies I had a FDL named Diplomacy, but Giggles wins by a landslide. LOL

stummies
Competent
Competent

Postby stummies » Sat May 16, 2015 11:21 am

My Vulture is "Buttons", and my Viper is "Bigglesworth" :) I like slightly contrasting names.

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 am

I'm adding another system to the list. An independent/fed system for RES farming that is ~33 ly from Empire, and ~ 25 ly from Alliance.

Unfortunately, the system is not well equipped for outfitting or purchasing new ships. Wolf 406, a nearby Alliance high tech system, is well equipped with pristine reserves for those looking to upgrade before coming here. This system is recommended for A-class ships or those who are content with their outfitting. Also, the earth-like planet looks really cool in the background with explosions and laser beams.

Even with these flaws, I'll be making this my home system.

System: Algorab
Station: Forbes Terminal
~19 Mm - 0.21 ls from RES
Major reserves

edit: Forbes Terminal's outfitting isn't actually as bad as I make it out to be. LP 547-159, a nearby RES farm, is actually far worse off than Algorab.

Uncle Natron
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Reid Williams

Postby Uncle Natron » Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 pm

I've wandered into Luyten 145-141 and camped at Euclid station. It's in Fed space, but there's a resource site very, very close by and I regularly take home half a mil to 3/4 mil before I need more bullets. No short supply of big ships to play with, either. Having a lot of fun in my Viper there.

jakspratt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Tuzo

Luyten 145-141

Postby jakspratt » Fri May 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Uncle Natron: Do these RESs come and go? I have just been to Luyten 145-141 and notwithstanding that Euclid is 2000LS out, there were no RES Sites. When you say near did you mean in a nearby system?

Comd TUZO
Novice / Merchant / Pathfinder

stummies
Competent
Competent

Postby stummies » Fri May 22, 2015 2:14 pm

RES won't show until 1500LS or something like that, if you're too far they don't show up.

Return to “General Discussion”