Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby uvelius » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:13 pm

We were hunting tonight again, but nothing big out there, just about 1-1.5 mil in 2-3 hrs. The Silver bait trick didn't work for us, but we got ambushed by a Gold Cannister trap instead, burning through my Vulture plating like through butter :shock:
On the Pro side, I found D3 Gimballed Cannons at Persei, which I will try for fun along with the Plasma Acc. So I need wingmen as shield breakers (and to clean out pesky small flies which I probably will not be able to hit at all).

I would head to Wong Guin tomorrow. There are some nice RES there, they have a well equipped High Tech station, and in the neighbouring Falisci system, there were both a High and a Low Intensity CZ and RES, Independent platforms with Black Market. I did some good hunting there before the Lugh Community Goal.
And it is good for Empire progression ... and oh, what a coincidence, I parked my Freagle there wich I need to get out on the fresh ... vacuum once more :)
Li Szu sounds interesting as well (see Imperial Blood Serpents wing thread).

Vaesna and Sokonomi sounded interested in flying there.
Who is joining us?
Last edited by uvelius on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Made around 5m on and off, couple of infractions because of federal security ships crossing my firing line...

Interesting was attacked by another CMDR, didn't get a screen or a name as I was already in the process of jumping to sc.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Must try the bait trick again. Maybe it works next time ...
Though it was not me, I know that that attack (if we mean the same) was just coincidential and unintended (he/she got overexcited and missed the player symbol before opening fire. I Commed him and he stopped and was quite sorry).

PS And it can be quite hard sometimes to notice the hollow symbols when the radar is overcrowded ... the CMDR in the name may well be overlooked in the heat of action.
Last edited by uvelius on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vaesna
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vaesna

Postby Vaesna » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Yeah Victoria that was me unintenionally engaging.. after being in combat none stop i saw wanted and jumped to engage aswell as i thought there werent any actual players besides ourselves there, i will look out closer in the future. When i saw it was a player (you) and ulvelius noticed it i stopped imediatly.
again apologies for this act. Wasnt deliberate.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Not a problem I was in the process of running away from the feds over a silly 200 credits lol

Honey trap worked a treat when I first logged in, got swarmed made nearly 1.5m in about 20mins before my shields got knocked out and I jumped to cash it in.

Sokonomi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sokonomi

Postby Sokonomi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 pm

I had a couple little flies come up from the boulders to snivel at my two silver canisters. ;) The honeypot works.
RES farming in general has been a bit disappointing here though, big ships seem a bit of a rarity in this system.
Plus ol' viccy the conda is out there turning anything nearby into spacepudding, so not much left to shoot at. :lol:

Im gonna hop on down to Wong Guin tomorrow to see how conflictzone farming works out in a wing.

Vaesna
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vaesna

Postby Vaesna » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:09 pm

flying to Wong guin as i type this. Ill be holding out here till you guys arrive!
Made it there, sooner as i had expected, 19'ish jumps only had to refuel once.
See you out there!

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks for posting Wong Guin, another great RES location allied with the Empire. Will be updating OP for RES farms for Federation, Empire, and hopefully Alliance and Independent systems added soon.

I saw Vaesna, Sokonomi, and VictoriaG! Sorry if I forgot to mention others. Have encountered many Anacondas today! Will check out Wong Guin soon.

Iota Persei is still crawling with Anaconda's. Just gotta get lucky at an RES!
Will be taking the Fer DeLance to Wong Guin. Surprised to see it is only a mere 11 jumps with the fastest route.

Edit: Back at Iota Persei. Love the short jump to the station and multiple RES's.
Last edited by Shadowed on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Banjax

Postby Banjax » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:40 pm

I went about 10LY away from Iota Persei, found a nice little res spot with a couple of outposts (always prefer those if I accidentally hit something i shouldn't.)

All I do is jump in and out of the res till the RNG gives me decent ships. On this outing i had the prime mix of anny, pythons. clippers and piñatas (dropships.)

After all was said and done.....and I'd run out of ammo, I walked away with that lot. I'm a full time hunter (did all the other stuff in beta) and I've found with res sites the above way works best.........although jumping in and out of a site can get as tedious as mining. :D

all in all, this took me a couple of hours to get in one sitting....c3 burst lasers are a thing of beauty :D

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (126.51 KiB) Viewed 2268 times

(oh other than the lightspeed bounty......i haven't got a freaking clue where that's from lol)

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:37 am

Banjax wrote:(oh other than the lightspeed bounty......i haven't got a freaking clue where that's from lol)

It should pop up in your Galaxy map if you're lucky. But damn, you're ballsy for letting that bounty grow so large. I get paranoid that I will crash into an asteroid if I don't turn it in past 3m+....

Return to “General Discussion”