Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sendraks
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Sendraks
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What's wrong with the AI?

Postby Sendraks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:37 pm

In RES's I get scanned quite frequently and told by would be pirates "how do you guys make a living" and "what a waste" when their scanners reveal that my Vulture didn't have any cargo on board. No cargo on a vulture? You needed scanners to help you work that out?

For the most part the rats then just fly off in search of another target. Either that or, because I'm not on friendly terms with the local pirate faction, they go hostile before scanning me because I'm a recognised threat.

At present I only get interdicted by the local pirate faction and they immediately attack when I submit to the attack, because they're after a hostile rather than my cargo. This at least makes sense. It doesn't change the end result mind you and my only complaint is that they don't interdict me more often. KaChing!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:52 pm

I always keep a couple of tons of gold aboard my Vulture to lure the bad guys. :D
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Sendraks
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Sendraks

Postby Sendraks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Flip wrote:I always keep a couple of tons of gold aboard my Vulture to lure the bad guys. :D

Oh you're such a tease! ;)

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Don't you love being pulled from SC by local security ships, and don't even get scanned? Yep. Love it when I am under 10 ls from a destination. Makes me want to beat their eagles up with my Vulture.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Loriath wrote:Don't you love being pulled from SC by local security ships, and don't even get scanned? Yep. Love it when I am under 10 ls from a destination. Makes me want to beat their eagles up with my Vulture.

Yes, that's happened to me a few times recently.

It gets worse when I get "FSD Failure" and associated damage, even though I thought I had submitted.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:25 am

Hrdina wrote:
Loriath wrote:It gets worse when I get "FSD Failure" and associated damage, even though I thought I had submitted.

According to what I read, you can avoid (or reduce) damage by staying aligned with the escape vector when submitting.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:42 am

A couple of weeks ago I submitted to an interdiction as I'd ran out of fuel and was nowhere near a star that could be skimmed and had already considered 'suicide'. I took a couple of pot shots then just parked my viper in neutral. The hostile NPC got me down to about 12% hull then just zipped off and warped out, leaving me to self destruct (stupid, we should be able to do ship to ship refuelling as I've mentioned in a thread I started) so I could get back to 'civilisation' (you know, those stations with no one walking around in them ;) )
"Wibble"

Return to “General Discussion”