No one likes me

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Whiteneck
Novice
Novice
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

No one likes me

Postby Whiteneck » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Groups are non-existant, wings fails 1 out-of-2 attempts, responses to hails go unacknowledged, I can send a wing invite to just about anyone I see in Lugh, only to be met with a logoff...it's amazing how "multiplayer" this game is and in reality, it's absolute garbage for online/multiplayer. What a lie. Shame on you Frontier. There is no "community,"

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Re: No one likes me

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:17 pm

I'll Wing it with you. I'm in a Viper and have short range. Currently around the Aulin iBootis and Eranin region.

I've not done wings before owing to my jump range as most people seem to be too far away.
"Wibble"

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:27 pm

I've personally never tried Wings. But the "multiplayer" aspect of this game is very minimal. Honestly I'd like to be able to have groups/clans/parties where your automatically grouped up so we can jump in and fight immediately with our friends without having to be invited to a Wing.

Whiteneck
Novice
Novice

Postby Whiteneck » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:34 pm

I know the post is kinda harsh...but seriously folks, is it really so hard to run some missions, start a trade wing, do some bounty hunting together, wing up for the HUGE event in Lugh?

MrSandman
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 pm

If your sending random wing invites without a chat message first, from previous MMO experiences some players find this rude. I've had a few not reply to hails but for the most part found most at least say hi :)

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 pm

You've got to remember that most commanders might be in a position that they can't reply very quickly, fighting, jumping, docking, avoiding the police. I've been contacted a few times and its been difficult to send a reply because I was to busy trying not to crash. So have some patience if someone doesn't reply quickly or doesn't reply at all.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Yeah all good advice. I often send out initial texts to fellow commanders at or near busy areas (like Lugh's Conflict Zones) and they if they want to "wing up" I will send them the wing invite. 9/10 people are accepting it if they want to join a wing, but sometimes they are on their way off or want to go at it alone, so I understand. And many times, I definitely can't answer stuff right away as I'm trying to run away from a bogie before I go boom! ;-)

Patience young grasshopper... if we are on at the same time, I'd invite you!
CMDR Emanon

Ev Tankero
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ev Tankero

Postby Ev Tankero » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:01 pm

MrSandman wrote:If your sending random wing invites without a chat message first, from previous MMO experiences some players find this rude. I've had a few not reply to hails but for the most part found most at least say hi :)

+ 1 to MrSandman!
meaning... one cannot ever know what the intentions behind "the character that just sent me a friend request/a wing invite message" etc, are intended for.

So, "better to be on the safe side, and... think for yourself".

Ev Tankero
Last edited by Ev Tankero on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi, if you are in and about Gliese 868 just give me a shout, happy to Wing if I'm not mid trading run.

But MrSandman is right you should really send a "Hi" first and find out what the commander is up to, many commanders may be running trades or missions, or simply be limited on time and don't want to start an activity knowing they'll be logging off in the next 15mins or so.

I've been asked if I want to wing when it's not been appropriate at the time (e.g. I was moving ships between stations) and I've had to politely decline. At the same time I've been hailed but not seen it for several minutes because I've been concentrating on other things.

If people are consistently logging-off when you send an invite, then that actually sounds like a bug and you should report it.

Overall I think you'll find the group generally friendly and want to coop, it just needs to be appropriate for both parties at that time.

Fly Safe :)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Whiteneck
Novice
Novice

Postby Whiteneck » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:16 pm

MrSandman wrote:If your sending random wing invites without a chat message first, from previous MMO experiences some players find this rude. I've had a few not reply to hails but for the most part found most at least say hi :)

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I am totally familiar with MMO etiqute. I get that it takes some effort to get a good group together for a raid/event...RL stuff comes up, and naturally that is important, but c'mon folks...let's wing up, do some trading, Steel Sabers BHing...

Return to “General Discussion”