Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Xerxryn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Xerxryn
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: No one likes me

Postby Xerxryn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:07 am

Well I am off to Alliance space to join up with that faction and do some missions, made my decision on faction alligence :) been in Fed space too long now. Just been building up my credits by trading so far. I won't be online during civilised time due to working on the late shift for the next two days now. But in the meantime send me a friends invite. Current location in Coriccha and was heading to LHS 2651.

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Postby Antmax » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:50 pm

I only play with others about 10 - 20% of the time. I do say hi if someone initiates a chat. If I don't know someone I might not respond, if I get a wing request without asking first I will ignore it finish up what I was doing and leave.

Having said all that. MP in ED is quite good when you have a wing formed up so long as you have set some goals and are not just wandering around aimlessly shooting stuff for no reason other than to make money. The voice chat is very immersive and works well except it would be nice to have a mute button for those times you get interupted by dogs, wife and kids etc. My headset doesn't have a comms button so if anyone else is in the room with me I often choose to play on my own and largely ignore everyone else in the game.

I guess some people like me prefer to play on their own but do like to see others going about their business. That's why I don't play solo, but I do make frequent use of the Mobius group and open.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Antmax wrote:The voice chat is very immersive and works well except it would be nice to have a mute button for those times you get interupted by dogs, wife and kids etc.

I'm pretty sure you can bind a key or a button to mute the mike, somewhere in the Options.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

qlock
Novice
Novice
CMDR: qlock

Postby qlock » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 pm

Flip wrote:[quote="Antmax"]The voice chat is very immersive and works well except it would be nice to have a mute button for those times you get interupted by dogs, wife and kids etc.

I'm pretty sure you can bind a key or a button to mute the mike, somewhere in the Options.[/quote]
Yep! There is. I have mine mapped to stick so I don't annoy my wingmen when talking to Astra. :)

Whiteneck
Novice
Novice

Postby Whiteneck » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:48 pm

I am in Pacific Time Zone USA and am planning on playing tonight and tomorrow. Anyone interested in a trade wing, or other community goal, PM me, or hit me up in-game chat!

Whiteneck
Novice
Novice

Postby Whiteneck » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Xerxryn wrote:Well I am off to Alliance space to join up with that faction and do some missions, made my decision on faction alligence :) been in Fed space too long now. Just been building up my credits by trading so far. I won't be online during civilised time due to working on the late shift for the next two days now. But in the meantime send me a friends invite. Current location in Coriccha and was heading to LHS 2651.

I sent a friends invite. Looks like I got you picked up, but can't message you directly.

Chazmeister
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Chazmeister

Postby Chazmeister » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Ameena wrote:I haven't had a conversation with anyone yet - it'd be nice just to have a chat with any random commander. I've flown past a few (usually at Shinrarta Dezhra, one of the only places where I've actually noticed other people since I joined Mobius) and will flash my lights a couple of times in passing as a kind of "hello" message - I dunno whether any of those commanders noticed or what their names were or anything.
If someone asked me if I wanted to head off and join in a combat situation somewhere I'd probably have to politely decline on the basis that my Cobra currently still has its default guns and my only combat experience in the game was the first three or four of the single player scenario thingys back around the time the Beta came out :D. Plus I would probably decline any of those Combat Zone thingys anyway because I don't want to mess up my faction with anyone and have them hate me in case their ships decide to start randomly attacking or something :P. That said, if I ever do gear myself up for combat, pirates will probably be my targets because all the (nice, friendly, legal) factions will hate them, right? ;)

You know I thought someone flashed their lights at me a little while back as I was exiting a station. If that was you, I just thought you were doing it to let me through. Here in the UK, when driving, you flash your lights at someone to let them pass. Anyway I'll know for next time that it was a hello.

I don't mind flying with folks in relatively basic ships. An extra set of pulse lasers on your side is an extra set of pulse lasers on your side, even if they are basic ones.

Most of the time I'm off trading though and I just assume that most folks wouldn't want to get bored out of their mind just going back and forth with me for a couple of hours at a time. Or if they're other traders, they'll probably be running a different route which I assume they probably won't want to share.

The other problem of course is that the main gathering places are stations, where generally most folks are too preoccupied trying not to crash to keep an eye on the comms messages.

If you see me at a station I'll most likely be concentrating on bumping and scraping my conda in through the docking slot, but feel free to say hi anyway. Crash! Bang! Wallop! What A Landing!

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Chazmeister wrote:...Here in the UK, when driving, you flash your lights at someone to let them pass...

Oh dear. Someone needs a refresher course! The Highway Code states:
Only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there. Do not flash your headlights to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.

Ameena
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ameena

Postby Ameena » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:12 am

I'm in the UK too, and though I don't drive I understand flashing your lights at someone as a means of saying either "You can go past me" or "Thanks for letting me past"...or, sometimes at pedestrians, "I've stopped to let you cross" :). My doing it in-game was because it was the quickest means of communicating whilst flying without having to open up a panel and try to type a message, which would've meant I wouldn't've been actually flying the ship any more so might've crashed.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 am

Ha, in the states we flash our lights at oncoming traffic in daytime to warn the of cops or speed traps ahead of them that you passed already! So I'll just say hi in text chat. :)
CMDR Emanon

Return to “General Discussion”