iMaelstrom
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: iMaelstrom
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Best Multipurpose Ship?

Postby iMaelstrom » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:51 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Yep.....

Ssssshhhhhh.......Don't tell no one.....

That's how I got the money to fly and fully max out the FDL in beta.......

Bought a type 9 for 100 cr and stripped it.......

Made about 2.6 mill a pop.......

Keep it under ya hat.......

;)

Honestly, why don't beta testers have unlimited funds? Is there actually something they want tested that prevents it?

Chazmeister
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Chazmeister

Postby Chazmeister » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:34 pm

Lancing wrote:Honestly, the Asp is probably the best "do anything" ship I've used so far. Somewhat pricey to outfit though, my current loadout is somewhere around 40 million.

I second that. The Asp is the best all rounder I've used so far.

72t cargo hold, 22+ly jump range, large fuel tank, good fire power.

Price, it's probably going to set you back about 14 million for a well kitted out one, including Advanced Discovery scanner and surface scanner. Oh and I recommend a 3A fuel scoop if you're thinking of heading out into the big black void.

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Postby Antmax » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:36 am

I went Sidewinder, Viper, Cobra, T6, Asp too. If your in a sidewinder I wouldn't ignore the Viper. It may only have 8T but you can do a lot with 8 tons now the black market is paying well for stolen goods. Many of the resources you can pick up at weak signals are worth 2000 - 6000 per ton. Good luck finding that kind of deal in trading in a Sidewinder. Plus you can pick up bounties easier in one than any other ship cheaper than a vulture.

Cobra was my favourite till I got an Asp. The difference is similar to stepping up from a Viper to Cobra. Bigger, heavier so it's more drifty but it turns just as well as a cobra when modded. 6 guns and my combat/explorer/trader 80T.

With the new black market prices and higher bounties it's worth factoring in combat with your multipurpose ship because you can double your income easily if you do a bit of both and watch the BB for good hauler missions. Cobra when working for a friendly faction can often pick up 100 - 200k missions. While the asp can often pick up 200 - 400k missions. Sometimes multiple in one trip.

Raze
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rhaze

Postby Raze » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:10 am

I ended up going Sidewinder > Cobra > Viper > Cobra >Viper lol

Right now running a maxed out Viper farming bounties in an RES in LHS2310, making about 500K an hour. Would have loved to bought a T6 and started trading but I tried a few runs in my Cobra and it didn't seem I had a firm enough grasp on making money that way in this game that it would be profitable lol.. But still, 500K an hour seems sooooooo slow. Never gonna own a high end ship :(
Flying with: Thrustmaster HOTAS X
Using: ASTRA and D.A.R.K from Elite Dangerous Voicepack for total immersion.