Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Raz0rking
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Raz0rking
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Tired of the game?

Postby Raz0rking » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:16 am

I was away for one! week. Now i see the patch notes, the nerfs and so on and i do not want to start up the game again.
Is it still worth it?
The only time one has to much fuel is, when one is on fire.

Manny72
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: ManSlove

Re: Tired of the game?

Postby Manny72 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:17 am

The game is fine, I find nothing wrong with it. The trade routes are working as they should, the Luxuries Wanted was fixed is all.
I always show my face... I'm old and I got over it. :D

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:32 am

Having a blast ! ;)
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Yeah I find the game is still great. There will always be tweaks and refinements for this type of game and the reality is sometimes it is easier to nerf one thing rather than buff everything else. Still this game actually relaxes me (at least with trading and exploration) so I'm still highly enjoying it.
CMDR Emanon

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:45 pm

The game is just fine, this is just the nature of any MMO type game, the developers will always be tweaking the balance.

Having played MMOs for years, you get used to the Nerf/Buff rollercoaster. When something is nerf'd the vocal minority that use that feature (or exploit) complain that the game is ruined, when something is buff'd, again, the vocal minority who don't use that feature complain that the game is ruined. In reality the game changes very little for the majority.

Remember, there are always those who want to be 'special snowflakes', and will complain whenever something doesn't fit perfectly with their view of what a game should be, unfortunately these are the ones who rush to the forums to complain, the vast majority of happy games never say anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ED is perfect, not by any means, there are lots of features that need to settle down or be adjusted, and lots of stuff still to be implemented, but at the end of the day we'll be getting buffs and nerfs for (hopefully) many years to come, it's just the nature of this type of game.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Anything which allowed someone to literally spend hours doing the same 10 second super-cruise and making hundreds of thousands of credits a time feels like an unbalanced mechanic

Having played WoW for a while there was much screaming each time one class or another got a massive DPS thing nerfed .... but i hope they do buff certain abilities rather than just using the nerf-hammer.... helps to make people feel things are really being balanced out rather than just closed down

But its early days
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Postby Commiekaze » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:30 pm

I haven't in almost a month but I will get back to it soon, Im sure. It happens. What you consider as "worthwhile to play" is relative to what you want, and really, no one else can tell you otherwise. Everyone is different. Boot it up and see if you enjoy it. If you dont, come back later. :)

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 am

Don't forget, the nerf calls are for what's currently in the new beta versions for 1.1. I would expect them to 'over-nerf' to get a reaction and then dial it back a bit to when the complaining hits the predefined level :D

So, when it gets rolled into the full game (is that tomorrow?), I would think the balance will shift a little 'nerf-wards' in some areas but not to the degree we are seeing in testing.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 am

Be careful who you listen to would be my advice. There are some very vocal people out there who get really upset when things get changed. It always seems to be people who have found an easy way to make credits who complain the most funnily enough.

cpy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CPY

Postby cpy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:27 pm

If i can't fly python/conda shoot stuff and stay in nice green numbers, i'll pass for now. Trading is fun, but this game lacks everything! Universe is sterile stale boring place where even faction changes are done by hand by developers, players don't mean anything, players can't do anything. If you say i'm wrong read this: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/2015 ... ndangered/ and you'll wake up from this dream. You can take blue pill and stay in wonderland (not reading ofc).

Return to “General Discussion”