Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Frontier Bans all tradingtools.

Postby Wolf » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Found the newsletter with the info about the app. Looks like it does not say anything about pricing or it beeing free, sorry.
Newsletter 35

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:41 pm

yup, that's right, there are still tools in use that either already required or have since switched to manual input to get thier data. i never used any of the tools myself as i trade old skool style by looking at the type of system im in.

i can see why players would use them, especially if you are new to the franchise, more experienced CMDR's will just KNOW where to look so they can earn a good profit.

if i'm at an industrial system i look for things like animal monitors, crop harvesters and terrain enrichment systems to take to an ag system while keeping an eye on the price they buy foodstuffs like coffee, tea and animal meat.

a basic knowledge of cargo types and their relationship to system types can make you a substantial profit, the last trade i did i made 820 a tonne without looking at the trade routes once. i saw something cheap, filled up with it and jumped to the type of system i knew would pay a good price for it.

no trade tools, not even a pen and paper but i now know where i can sell tea for 1700 and buy crop harvesters for 1614, from there all i need to do is select any ag system that's within a couple of jumps and i'm rolling in credits ;)
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

CMDR Veppers
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Veppers

Postby CMDR Veppers » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:15 am

I'm not really bothered if people want to use tools, as Andy said with a bit of knowledge and experience of the systems around you, it's not that hard to make good money by choosing the right goods and heading to the right system.

However if it's screwing up the Program then I can see why FD are choosing to ban them.

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 am

From news letter 35:

"Some of the features we have planned include the ability to check your pilot status, receive Galnet information and view market prices at the starport where you are docked."

That states market prices at the starport where you are docked, not market prices from other starports. So if they stick to just that they will not be replicating the banned sites either.

CMDR Connel Angus
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Connel Angus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:20 pm

CMDR_COENEN wrote: I use the tools all the time, to find some interesting trades.

yeah me too. it actually made trading interesting in that it wasn't just blind luck I got a good deal.

ah well maybe it will turn out for the best in the long run.

I made my cheddar. I know the sweet routes.

Return to “General Discussion”