Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

To Cmdr Turjan.....

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Hello mate.....

If you were trying to contact me I'm sorry......

I am using TeamSpeak and could not work out in game coms......

I paused...To try and work it out and say hello...But no joy.......

Oh and if you did see me whooping some fed scum arse......

I lost all the bounty on the kills I made.......

I went to get another beer and let the docking computer do the work.......

Knowing what a bitch the docking computer has been I make sure it gets through the toast rack.....

Went to get a beer.........

Came back..........

Ship destroyed...........

Lucky for me no insurance bug.............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Turjan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Turjan
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: To Cmdr Turjan.....

Postby Turjan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Apologies - only just saw this and realised not only had I missed it, I'd also forgotten to register at the forum, lol

Old brain... :roll:

I'm glad you got your kills, but sad you fell foul of the evil docking computer. Only time I've used one was on an Anaconda because I kept banging my head on the way into a station...and then I saw the docking computer did exactly the same thing anyway, so I sold the wretched thing :D

I don't often have TS running actually - I'm running E-D on an ancient dual core CPU for now, and I need every scrap of its power available for the game. Sometimes I do live dangerously though and risk the framerate drop by turning TS on.

Hope you didn't lose too many bounty vouchers - I suspect it's those that the FD scoring team is using to tally how this war plays out!

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:33 pm

I saw Nexus in game and wanted to COMS him but did not know how to use COMS either could someone give a brief explanation of how to do COMS or link to anouther post describing it please.

Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos

Postby Nemetos » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Silverwolf wrote:I saw Nexus in game and wanted to COMS him but did not know how to use COMS either could someone give a brief explanation of how to do COMS or link to anouther post describing it please.

Basically...
Bring up your comms panel . On the right, it will give you list of Friends, and other people in that area.
It shows all friends on line, but you cannot contact them unless in same system ( I believe )

You have to select the name you want, hit select ( space bar for my binding ) then it brings up a sub list.
Text , Talk and a few others I think.

To send a text, select the text chat and you type on the big comms panel.
To chit chat ... select talk, and it sends a beep beep mesage - a bit like skype call to the person.
They have to accept it by selecting Talk chat... then you have an open mike between you both.
The terminology may not be exact ... but ... thats it in a nutshell !
Hope that helps

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:27 pm

For a quick text chat message, you can also target them and press Enter. This'll bring up a text entry box for you to type in. I have this bound to a button on the throttle as I refuse to use the keyboard for anything other than typing after dropping a widget on a Hotas. :) The addition of voice-to-text could be interesting...and would probably lead to some utter random bollocks being sent to commanders. :D

Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos

Postby Nemetos » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Neillm wrote:For a quick text chat message, you can also target them and press Enter. This'll bring up a text entry box for you to type in.

Ahhhh ... cheers. Was'nt aware of that . :D

Being on TS, and the intercom thing at same time is one of the most head wrecking things Ive experience for a long time ... Mind you, I was half way through my second bottle of merlot at the time ...

Ive got a few things on Voice attack that type out a greeting ... but ..as above ^^^ ... it usually turns out gibberish

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Thanks guys, will have to find it in the binding keys.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Neillm wrote:...and would probably lead to some utter random bollocks being sent to commanders. :D

Yep.....That sounds like me.............

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”