Torrentae
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Torrentae
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A little experiment with paint

Postby Torrentae » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Artie wrote:
de Carabas wrote:Yes, it was supposed to impact the likelihood of getting scanned by the security ships etc as well. Not sure if that's in the game or not.

It's not at this moment. But some dev mentioned few weeks ago that paint state may affect some things later.

If they follow through with this I will be very impressed but concerned with their prioritization systems. I mean we are all astounded by the level of detail, and the focus Frontier has with it, but to have the NPCs judge you based on the level of paint remaining on your hull seems insane.

I have to assume that 98% of the players will never have their paint at less than 100% because of the instant repair all button is more convenient. To dedicate a dev to code that into the NPCs interaction is mind blowing considering all they have to do already. It would seem a little like Skyrim being held up because they decided that they wanted to animate the water drops on the flowers in the fields…

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:26 pm

I think you overestimate the amount of work it represents. I'm sure it's just one extra variable to add to an existing formula.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Torrentae
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Torrentae

Postby Torrentae » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Flip wrote:I think you overestimate the amount of work it represents. I'm sure it's just one extra variable to add to an existing formula.

Oh, very likely, but if may also take more than that. At the end of the day if we ask everyone here to list something that they feel would impact the game in a positive way that FD could work on, I am willing to bet that NPC interactions based on your paint job would not be on that list.

I love their level of detail, but it just sometimes feels a little un focused, considering the size of their dev team.

Return to “General Discussion”