Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Own more than one ship?

Postby Senex VII » Wed May 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Rikki_Sixx wrote:For those with multiple ships, is there a way in-game to remind you where your ships are based? I'm about to buy my first ship (not sure what yet!) but I'll probably lose it if I swap around often!
When you're docked at a spaceport, go to their shipyard (if they have one) and go to the right-hand tab. You'll see a textual list of where your stored ships are. (And, as a previous poster said, you'll also see them as icons on the Galaxy Map.) Additionally, if you have a ship stored at the shipyard you're currently visiting, you'll see it listed on the middle tab.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Senex VII wrote:
  • Type 7 - The Burrito

The Burrito! I love it :mrgreen:

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed May 13, 2015 11:13 pm

UnmarkedBoxcar wrote:
Rikki_Sixx wrote:For those with multiple ships, is there a way in-game to remind you where your ships are based? I'm about to buy my first ship (not sure what yet!) but I'll probably lose it if I swap around often!

Once you've bought your second (or third, or seventh...) ship, a marker will pop up on your Galaxy Map indicating which systems all of your ships are stored in.

Also when you're in the shipyard, the third tab shows the ships you own and their locations.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Sun May 17, 2015 5:38 pm

You can also see markers on the galaxy map too
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

OrdoDax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Roman Sharpe

Postby OrdoDax » Sun May 17, 2015 7:14 pm

I currently have 4 ships:

Sidewinder (Little Green Man) - No idea why i still have this ship to be honest!
Cobra (Odin's Spear - Bounty hunting/Combat Zones
Asp (Stellar Dreams) - Exploring
Type 7 (Ugly Radish) - Trading......lots of trading!!

Will swap the Type 7 for a Type 9 when i have more credits and i'll sell the Sidewinder at some point, probably replace it with an Adder for zipping between my ships.

At some point i'll also upgrade from the Cobra for a better combat ship but i don't think i'll ever sell her, too many fond memories! :)
Last edited by OrdoDax on Sun May 17, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RogueZephyr
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ValTomiana

Postby RogueZephyr » Sun May 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Just the one at the moment (my hauler, the trusty Void Whale), but I am saving for an adder.
-I fly the ocean black, and my little ship goes warp 10-
-Theres nothing that we lack (unless theres something we've forgotten)-

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun May 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Ships I currently own:

Sidewinder - (Orphan) - named because I kept it when I traded for my Cobra, but have not touched it since. The only upgrades I had were the lasers and PC.
Imperial Clipper (Clippy) - named because it's useless now. At the time, I used it for a trade upgrade from my T7. Now it sits and collects dust, but is A spec all around and fitted for combat.
Python - (Puss n Boots) - Used as main ship for system flipping and CGs with trading on the side. A spec all around and configured for battle.
Anaconda - (Oppressor) - Used to trade. It has shields, 3x 3G beams and a C4 Cannon in case it gets pulled over, but I would not take it into combat.

Ships I've sold:
Cobra (Goodie), T6 (The Grind), T7 (The Key), Asp (Voyager), T9 (The Press).
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent
CMDR: FANTA5M1C

Postby FANTA5M1C » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:42 pm

I've actually just consolidated due to cutbacks from a week of losses, but I still have 3.

Eagle (blitz~ short for blitzkrieg)- CZ pewpewpew. It can kill anything as long as I don't get a tail. Highly fun, though not a very fast earner.

Vulture (Dienekes' Shade)- full combat with a pulse and burst laser. Parked outside of and mostly used for loitering in my favorite RES. Definitely my highest earner right now.

Asp (no such thing)- origionally outfitted for mining it's evolved into a highly defensible trader. The name referrs to the saying "There's no such thing as enough dakka. Enough is more than you have but less than too much, and there's no such thing as too much dakka" with 2 sm and 2 med multicannons, the name felt appropriate.

I also used to own a viper (consummate partisan) and a dimondback scout (never named it). The viper was my REZ hunter before the vulture, and the dimondback was rigged as the perfect interceptor.

Xorog
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Xorog

Postby Xorog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 pm

I have recently sold my Cobra (used for mining before 1.3).

I currently own:
T9 (Oiltanker) - for trading
Outfitted for trading, including the luxury of a docking computer. I dont like this ship though - its slow, big.. but the profits speak for themselves.

Asp - for exploring / rares
Jumprange is about 33 LY unladen. 6B fuel scoop.

Vulture - for res farming
Jumprange only 14LY which is a pain if you want to travel greater distances. But in combat, its great. Love it. Two gimballed pulse lasers, big shields, military grade armour.

Python - for everything (else)
Mainly doing missions to rank up. The diversity of missions dont let the game be boring. Currently outfitted with A class thrusters, FSD, PC. Still have to save money for shields and powerplant.

Ships I've sold:
Viper (bought a Vulture)
Hauler -> Adder -> T6 -> T7 (bought a T9)
Cobra (Mining Vessel)

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:06 am

Multirole Vessels - Jack of all trades, mostly just combat-ready bulk freighters.
Anaconda, Python, Asp, Courier, Cobra (2)

Transport - Taxi!
Haulers (4), Adder, Diamondback Scout

Combat - Mostly scattered around civilized space; not fit for long jumps.
Eagle (3), Fer-De-Lance

Trading - Non-combat haulers.
Type 6 (2)

Gonna buy back a Vulture soon.

Return to “General Discussion”