Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: (Fer-de-lance) Ok, traded it for a python

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:30 pm

What's too say, it has bigger guns with better placement, tanks just as well as the fdl, with less power problems (granted I dont have a A grade pp yet)
And that's WITH 200t cargo for pretty much the same amount of money as an fdl..

Seriously, the FDL need boosting, it should have c3 guns as well as the c4 slot since that slot is pretty much a novelty, at least a class higher pp, it looks sexy though, but I don't see my own ship when I'm sitting inside it.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: (Fer-de-lance) Ok, traded it for a python

Postby Xebeth » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:34 pm

I was returning from re-fitting the Python when I interdicted by 3 Eagles, now it's been a while since I used the Python for combat, and whilst I still had to do some FAOff stuff I was shocked by the marked difference between it and the FDL. The Python is just so much more manoeuvrable, ok it's no Vulture, but really the FDL is just not in the same league.

It's a real shame, I so wanted to like the FDL, the looks, the noise, it's great at chasing down runners, but in a dogfight -nah, if I want to spend that much time going round in circles I'll go to the funfair.

For the cost I expected more, give it some class 6 thrusters and it'll be great, I know compromise is an important factor in making choices meaningful, but the power issues, low cargo capacity, and poor jump range are enough without giving it crap thrusters as well.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”