Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Postby Trinity Star » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:43 pm

I got a 6k bounty for murder in a RES site, I hit a clean ship and he was then killed by a pirate and I got the blame *shrugs* rather than be locked out of the system for 6 days I jumped to the next system and purchased a sidewinder, went back and let them kill me to clear the bounty.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:56 pm

VictoriaG wrote:I got a 6k bounty for murder in a RES site, I hit a clean ship and he was then killed by a pirate and I got the blame *shrugs* rather than be locked out of the system for 6 days I jumped to the next system and purchased a sidewinder, went back and let them kill me to clear the bounty.

Last time I did this a few days ago the bounty was just moved to dormant. Has it changed and is now bounties are removed when they kill you?

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:57 pm

StaticRadion wrote:
VictoriaG wrote:I got a 6k bounty for murder in a RES site, I hit a clean ship and he was then killed by a pirate and I got the blame *shrugs* rather than be locked out of the system for 6 days I jumped to the next system and purchased a sidewinder, went back and let them kill me to clear the bounty.

Last time I did this a few days ago the bounty was just moved to dormant. Has it changed and is now bounties are removed when they kill you?

That is how mine moved to dormant, and I've had quite a few mini bounties (the hazards of using beam lasers I guess) clear on H-jumps after 15 minutes or so. I've had other times where I go to turn in a bounty only to find out I had a small fine and not sure where ever I picked them up. Speeding near the Station maybe? *shrugs*
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:03 pm

@Mouse The reason I asked is because I often have dormant bounties pop back up within a few min of being in a RES because some stupid random cop scans me. If all it does is move it to dormant then I will just stay wanted.

Any news of if player pvp kills are different than npc kills and clear the bounties?

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:25 pm

StaticRadion wrote:@Mouse The reason I asked is because I often have dormant bounties pop back up within a few min of being in a RES because some stupid random cop scans me. If all it does is move it to dormant then I will just stay wanted.

Any news of if player pvp kills are different than npc kills and clear the bounties?

I've got a day left on mine, strange thing is I went back into that system and it never popped back up even after a scan. Instead of always worrying on IF it would trigger I just said screw it and left Fedspace entirely.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:29 pm

I think you have to be killed by the faction that issued the bounty, what I did (whether this was a mistake I don't know) I went straight to the closest RES and let the security kill me but I noticed this just made the bounty dormant so after starting back in the sidey I went back again this time to the station requested docking and hovered around the station until they scanned me, the dormant bounty re-activated and when I was blown up a 2nd time it was gone.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Think this is going to call for a test. I am going to have to get a bounty or 2 and see if letting them kill me in a sidey a few times clears it completely. Probably wont have any result for a while but I will let you know when I do.

Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror

Postby Soulmirror » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:45 pm

I tried it twice today, I have a 400,000 cr bounty, went back to the system in a Sidewinder. Once I irritated a cop enough to kill me when it was dormant, no joy, second time, scanned, the bounty activated, killed by enforcer and it is still dormant. I may try at a RES next.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert

Postby StaticRadion » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks for the update Soulmirror, lets us know if it works.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:14 am

Here's a quick (and unfortunately low quality) video showing how I got a 7 day bounty and didn't even fire a weapon. I had just dropped into a RES, and saw a clipper. Knowing that clippers are always wanted, I boosted towards him. I guess he was at full speed coming straight for me as well, and we hit head on. It destroyed him, but there wasn't time for the scanner to do it's job before impact. Now I'm wanted for 7 days in my favorite system. The good news is that last week I started storing my ships elsewhere. ;)

This is my first YouTube video, and apparently the conversion didn't go well. Sorry for the grainy image and horrible sound!

https://youtu.be/pw3rJnhZoBU

I'll have to do a bit of research to learn what file format and size is best for next time. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”