How Faux-CD are you?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

How Faux-CD are you?

Postby smartroad » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:39 pm

So I was on my way back from town when I noticed a manhole cover. Nothin unusual about that, loads of them aren't there, but this one had been put back the wrong way! The path has been paved in a lovely brick pattern which is also put into the cover, but some numpty has put it back round the wrong way so the pattern doesn't match any more. I am sure some people looked at me funny when I was huffing while looking at it :lol:

As I continued home it dawned on me, there are other things I can't help but have 'just right'. When hyperspacing in Elite, I need the reticle to be dead center of the screen so I jump directly at it. Gawd, I need help... LOL
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: How OCD are you?

Postby TorTorden » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:07 pm

I find myself incapable of not clicking and reading forum threads.
Often that leads to me having an opinion.
And that's why I'm at nearly 2000 posts..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liberty Prime

Postby Liberty Prime » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:22 pm

My friends would never believe I was OCD. My coworkers, on the other hand, often can't stand me. I got a thing about doing projects perfect and never missing a detail.

At work this means a lot of happy customers, at home this means a lot of un-started house projects. I stress myself out so much about how to ace everything the first time that I now have an impressive backlog. My poor wife 8(

In ED I just really hate leaving station with 18 or 19 missions instead of a full 20 >.>

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:31 pm

These are what I call "Faux-CD" issues. I have a few. Everyone does, really.

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Liberty Prime » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Darr Valen wrote:These are what I call "Faux-CD" issues. I have a few. Everyone does, really.

True. I know someone who washes and rewashes their hands till they bleed and will sometimes drive in circles, backtracking repeatedly to make absolutely sure they did not hit a pedestrian they passed. How's that for clinical?

I, however, get irritated when my ED cargo capacity is a few slots short of a big round number.

damienvaldes
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Damien Valdes

Postby damienvaldes » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm not OCD, I'm CDO, because the letters are in alphabetical order, like they SHOULD BE!
Never Fly what you can't Rebuy...

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Darr Valen wrote:These are what I call "Faux-CD" issues. I have a few. Everyone does, really.

Yeah I agree with these being Faux-CD, as Liberty Prime says real OCD is much more severe :( which I would never make light of. I'll adjust the main topic heading :)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

hdpwipmonkey
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Gallanus

Postby hdpwipmonkey » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:55 pm

damienvaldes wrote:I'm not OCD, I'm CDO, because the letters are in alphabetical order, like they SHOULD BE!

PFFFTTT.... great, there went my milk out of my nose!

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 pm

smartroad wrote:

Yeah I agree with these being Faux-CD, as Liberty Prime says real OCD is much more severe :( which I would never make light of. I'll adjust the main topic heading :)

Having actual OCD tendencies would severely suck.

Having faux-cd is just a mild annoyance of everyday life.. like seeing asymmetrical ships, people with eyes that are unevenly spaced, barcodes, incorrectly sorted legos, a monitor that is 1mm off-center, incorrectly typeset pages in a book, having an odd number of money in your bank account, a bottle that is almost to the line in terms of fullness, but isn't quite, a clock that is not set to exact NIST time, running out of hotdogs before hotdog buns, or hamburger buns before hamburgers, an odd number and/or length disparity in a bushel of bananas, the word banana not being nanana or banab, a fork with tongs that are not of equal length, saying every vote counts the same, when it statistically does not, a strip of LED Christmas Lights that has 1 light not working, most odd numbers, the 24 hour day, the 7n day week, the 365.4 or 365.5 day year, the calendar year beginning partially into winter, tire rims that are not all at the same angle when the car is parked, the fact that we only wear a watch on 1 wrist instead of both..

you know, any of that stupid faux-cd stuff.

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Liberty Prime » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Darr Valen wrote:...just a mild annoyance of everyday life.. like... a monitor that is 1mm off-center

My fauxCD is coupled with bouts of melodrama because a less-than-perfectly centered and clean monitor is no mild annoyance! That's a certifiable mind-killer right there!

Return to “General Discussion”