Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Flip » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:27 pm

10m for me. That’s a top 10% (as opposed to Victoria’s top 10 cmdrs, well done, Victoria!).
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 am

Went back to the Cobra Mk III to see if I could scare up some more strange wake solutions and especially polonium to get the FSD level 5 range extension for the cutter. Kept an eye on the "Jaunt to Jaques" discord. Just out of curiosity, you understand, since I only signed up for the second convoy.

Scanning wakes yielded all sorts of data, but no strange wake solutions. Flew back to Decciat 5 and found three polonium in the first 30 minutes, giving me two attempts at level 5. And then nothing in several hours of search.

Decided to roll the dice, bought the needed commodity, picked up the cutter, and got it to over 24 LY jump range with 640 tons of cargo on the first roll. Tried a second roll, but that was worse. Headed over to LYR space to equip the cutter for the second convoy since I was flying it anyway. The "Jaunt to Jaques" discord was quite busy with commanders assembling in Ocshooit.

Headed over there to look at the sights, maybe make some video of the mass jump, and scan the wakes of the various player ships for some more strange wake solutions. Did not manage to get into the main instance, so only watched about 10 ships high waking. No strange wake solutions, either. Frustration level rose, but I found a safety valve.

2 kylies out with 640 tons of power generators on board.

See you at Jaques.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:59 pm

19,200 LY left. Slow going since I am scanning and scooping along the way. Manually plotted after the terrible route that generated had no scoopable stars for most of it. Flying up manually 300ly solved that issue. So many A class stars to scoop.. feeling like a lucky scanner.

ToxicVampire
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ToxicVampire

Postby ToxicVampire » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Made my first big trip last night going about 140ly or so. Travelled from the Horizons starting area of Asellus Primus to Empire space. Can't remember the last place I stopped in but it was around Priva. Need to go about another 30ly to grab an Imperial Eagle for my next ship upgrade before the Viper. Was a mostly uneventful trip but got to try out the fuel scoop which was handy. Sold 25k in exploration data to help begin my Empire rank. Probably just going to do some RES hunting for a while as I wait for my friend to join me.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Postby Darr Valen » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:11 pm

18,643.51 LY left to go. Progress seems to be so slow.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:22 pm

After popping by the Cave Nebula (not a particularly interesting one), I'm bored with exploring so heading quickly back to the bubble to do something else.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Postby Darr Valen » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Sitting at BYEIA THAA WT-I D9-31, plotting my next 1,000LY jump section.

I am.. I dunno. A bit bored, a bit worried with how much is left, a bit irked with the possibility the station won't need the power generators I am taking to it, and really wishing I'd equipped my vehicle hangar, since there's no retrofitting area on Jaques, and ship transfers aren't a thing yet.

18,070LY from Jaques. I don't know how to speed up this trip. I only scan when I scoop, and filtered everything but stars right now, to make it as fast as possible. It's just taking a solid 2-5 minutes each time.

At least I will die from a thousand cuts before running out of fuel on my improved route.

*edit*
As much as I genuinely hate to do so, I've just stopped scan and scoop runs completely.. faster, but feels like I am missing out on the game a bit.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Xebeth wrote:After popping by the Cave Nebula (not a particularly interesting one), I'm bored with exploring so heading quickly back to the bubble to do something else.

Awwww.......

Go on.......

Give it just one more shot.....

Who knows what mysteries are out there......

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:46 pm

In game......Me....

Just about to throw the towel in.......

Pissed off with being interdicted every jump/2nd jump by ships normally Elite or deadly.....One rank above my arse....

Not on a mission or anything.....Just out going from A to B exploring along the way......

They must be after the engineers shit I am FORCED to carry for upgrades......

And then them cheating.......

Chaffing like fook constantly and when I finally get their shields down after a pretty hefty battle......Like me no shields and part hull missing....

In a blink of an eye they are FULLY back up again.......Like all 3 rings......And yes they were completely down.......

I have a grade 3 reinforced shield generator and 2 grade 1 reinforced boosters that seem to make jack shit of a difference....

My multis are enhanced and have special effects and have been loaded with premium ammo and it seems to make no fecking difference whatsoever...

Let alone my enhanced beams and pulses......All be it level one......

Fun is rapidly disappearing.......

Might give it a break for a while......

Logic in this game is rapidly disappearing........

Like travel 258,000ls to explore a planet......

Nothing......No other ships......Nothing.......

Till the scan starts and then interdicted........

Nah.........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”