Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Orkekum » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:19 pm

so yesterday, i was apparently tired after work, wanted to go to ceos/sothis for money.
Found myself 600ly later in Quince, so now i have a 800ly trip to sothis.

Ah well, free exploration data :D

Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter

Postby Rimsplitter » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Schmobius wrote:I don't look at it as cheating any more than reading a newspaper or looking on Google rather than traveling to the floor of the commodities exchange to check prices.

Well first and foremost, each to their own. But for me Elite is pen and paper, building up valuable info while pretending to revise for O levels. I'll pass dat inglish one day!

And on the topic of what am I doing ingame now - packing it in for a bit. After whatever they did server side today it's just fucked all over. I'll give it a miss for a few days. Good luck, everyone.
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Rimsplitter wrote: After whatever they did server side today it's just fucked all over. I'll give it a miss for a few days. Good luck, everyone.

Whoa, what happened?

And to stay on the topic: Currently getting insulted by Obsidian Orbital Flight Control: "Automated docking approved. Suggest you learn to fly your ship for the next time, Commander."
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Got the Corvette's power plant to 43.34.

Few modification to the trade cutter:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cut ... e%20Cutter

I got her shields up to 1300 with lv1 booster mods and her speed 235/376 with lv1 mods.

Also increased the jump range to 19.5 laden/26.99 unladen.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: RE: Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Cometborne wrote:And to stay on the topic: Currently getting insulted by Obsidian Orbital Flight Control: "Automated docking approved. Suggest you learn to fly your ship for the next time, Commander."

I've gotten that message a few times, too. :) It's always when I'm in the cutter, on a slide approach to to mail slot. Go figure.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:02 pm

VictoriaG wrote:Got the Corvette's power plant to 43.34.

Few modification to the trade cutter:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cut ... e%20Cutter

I got her shields up to 1300 with lv1 booster mods and her speed 235/376 with lv1 mods.

Also increased the jump range to 19.5 laden/26.99 unladen.

I got my Cutter's boost speeed to around 410 with level 3 mods. The problem is I can't stop the damn thing when I boost in a RES. Takes about 5km to come to a stop. :o

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:20 am

Cometborne wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:Have you tried clean drive tuning? I'm looking to get that for my Python.

Level 5 clean drive tuning is only available from Professor Palin, and that is rather grindy:

From Thoughtnought #6:

Labours of Palin
1) Say hello to Elvira with Soontill Relics.
2) Get rep with Elvira.
3) Get invite to Qwent.
4) Get Sirius permit.
5) Get 25 Modular Terminals to say hello to Qwent.
6) Get rep with Qwent
7) Get Palin invitation.
8) Get 25 Unknown Fragments to say hello to Palin

You also need to have been 5000 LY away from your starting point to get an invite to Palin, but I have the feeling that this might not be an issue for you ;)

However, the biggest issue is that all permit missions are broken at the moment, so unless you already have the Sirius permit, you are out of luck.

Falcon_D wrote:Trying to find the necessary components for a lvl5 FSD range mod and lvl3 clean drive tuning mod. Managed to get 1 strange signal source after 1hr of waiting at a Nav.

I have been doing a bit of UA hunting, and it looks that waiting at throttle 0 no longer spawns USS. Try slow cruising instead, or waiting 5 minutes at throttle 0, then flying for 1 minute. What are you looking for?

Hello,
I'm only looking to get a lvl3 drive mod and a lvl5 FSD mod. My Sirius permit and Tod McQuinn bounty ranking are bugged, so I've shelved those for the time being.
Managed to get some of the components for the drive mod last night. After an hour of mining (for a mission to get the needed data) and 30mins of rock blasting to get the Tin.
Still need some data for the drive tuning. Wake scan, Polonium and Chemical Manipulators for the FSD. The Chemical Manipulators seem to be a pain. Don't really know how to find surface POIs and wanted trade ships I've shot at haven't dropped those. I roughly know where to get polonium. Have 1. Will follow Rock Rats guide for the other one. And wake scanning is basically sitting at a NAV. So no problem there.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:09 am

Cometborne wrote:And to stay on the topic: Currently getting insulted by Obsidian Orbital Flight Control: "Automated docking approved. Suggest you learn to fly your ship for the next time, Commander."

Lol gotta love that, I DO THIS FOR CONVENIENCE, I KNOW HOW TO FLY THE DAMN THING
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:03 am

Phillipus wrote:I got my Cutter's boost speeed to around 410 with level 3 mods. The problem is I can't stop the damn thing when I boost in a RES. Takes about 5km to come to a stop. :o

A cutter doing 410 with just level 3? And there are level 5 mods out there. GULP.

On stopping, tried a scoop turn and counter-boosting?

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:21 am

Falcon_D wrote:Wake scan, Polonium and Chemical Manipulators for the FSD. The Chemical Manipulators seem to be a pain. Don't really know how to find surface POIs and wanted trade ships I've shot at haven't dropped those. I roughly know where to get polonium. Have 1. Will follow Rock Rats guide for the other one. And wake scanning is basically sitting at a NAV. So no problem there.

I have 14 chemical manipulators, but I did not shoot down a wanted trade ship, and the surface POIs I have done are all of the whale song and spikes kind. You can pick them up quite easily from "encoded emissions detected, threat 0" and "degraded emissions detected, threat 0" USS. If the USS contains rescue vessels, doing passive scans of them also yields quite a bit of stuff.

I fully agree that the Jumponion materials are a pain.

For wake scans, sitting in the arrival zone of a busy starport might be more efficient than sitting at a NAV. I harvested mine in front of Obsidian Orbital. Flight Control was a little bit peeved and told me to "stop brandishing guns here", but the next hour was rather productive.

Return to “General Discussion”