Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 pm

Got the shields to 2,755.8, just need to add lv5 reinforced shields and 2 more lv3 boosters and that rating should go over 3000.

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Pembroke » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:52 am

VictoriaG wrote:Got the shields to 2,755.8, just need to add lv5 reinforced shields and 2 more lv3 boosters and that rating should go over 3000.

you sure you don't actually fly a farragut?
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Morgan Bateson

Postby Morgan Bateson » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 am

VictoriaG wrote:Got the shields to 2,755.8, just need to add lv5 reinforced shields and 2 more lv3 boosters and that rating should go over 3000.

Darn pretty banner you got going on in your signature there.

"Captain, do you know what year this is?"
"Of course I do. It's 2278."

– Jean-Luc Picard and Morgan Bateson, 2368 ("Cause and Effect")

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:25 am

thebs wrote:Allegedly the impulse attacks aren't supposed to be from NPCs any more ... yet they still are? I've heard people still complaining about them, although someone said it's an Xbox-only issue now that still requires an update.

All I know is that I've turned the game off, and haven't played for a week now. I keep hanging around here, hoping Frontier makes some further tweaks and people say, "Hey, if you're trading and mining and exploring, they've called the dogs off." But I guest that's just not going to happen.

I'm thinking the next time I log on, it will be to finally sell my Python altogether, and just stick with a Vulture long-term.

The game is now a combat simulator or small-time runner for me now. No more big hauls or multi-hour mining to fill up 192t+, with no fear of being interdicted and have my @$$ handed to me inside of 10s, despite being fully equipped other than the 5-6 components I left for mining and cargo.

I honestly wish we could go back before the engineers grinding, as I'm still grinding up to an Anaconda and still a ways away. Obviously I'm not who the game is for now.

And that's fine to many over on the Frontier Forum. It's all people already in Anacondas and Corvettes with plenty to spare for insurance, along with a few lower guys that have only done combat, and are in Vultures, don't care to trade or mine, and don't get the types of rank I see either.

I've definitely had impulse attack warnings and heat attack warnings from fighting high levelled NPCs, even yesterday (June 13th), while patrolling Azrael's Nav Beacon.
I've switched to my A-rated FDL fighting against NPC and I can fight off single NPC attacks, even Elite ones, although with more difficulty than before. My old mission specced A-rated Python was seriously outgunned and outmaneuvered by a Deadly ranked FAS firing off his PAs, I can't see myself flying that ship for a long time. There seem to me now a distinct difference between war ships and everything else. My FDL just melts away lower ranked NPCs like they are not even there, whereas the higher ranked ships fly more sensibly. As to the relaxing fun game it was before Engineers, I feel the same as you. I had the good fortune to own a fully A-rated Fer-de-Lance in which I've had plenty of experience.
I will work on upgrading this ship through the engineers and to get more battle experience against these new nasty AI pilots. Everything below Dangerous is now a push over (give or take a few exceptions), anything Dangerous and higher is a challenge and I better make sure I start the fight with a distinct advantage.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Pembroke wrote:Okay now I have had a LOT of real winners fire on me while flying in to the mail slot. They don't last long against the station, huh? XD
The weapons and modules thing seems to be related to those "Impulse attacks" I just had another one rip my thrusters off my diamond back in a single hit as I was trying to peel out. I straight up cant afford to do anything now, I'm legit afraid to undock in anything bigger than an eagle and I have NO money. I HAD FREAKING 15 MIL BEFORE THIS CRAP STARTED.

I wish there was a way to transfer credits from one player to another so I could help you with the cr situation. As far as I know, dumping valuable cargo for other to pickup is the only way at the moment. And using that way, it will take time to transfer more than few hundred thousands.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Last post for awhile ...

Postby thebs » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:24 pm

So being that things aren't getting addressed, I'm going to make this my last post for awhile. I'm going to focus on other titles and will try again later in the year. I want to thank all of you guys for the assistance, and this group is a really a highlight of the game I wish I new about prior.

Here's my final post to the Frontier Forums as well:
- https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost4089111
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:I wish there was a way to transfer credits from one player to another so I could help you with the cr situation. As far as I know, dumping valuable cargo for other to pickup is the only way at the moment. And using that way, it will take time to transfer more than few hundred thousands.

seriously, Don't worry about it. I just need to make around 10 mil... in an Eagle. Wheeeeee.
I just accidentally accepted a mission to a system I don't even have a permit to. Wow. Nasty fine there.
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Kiltrathi wrote:I've definitely had impulse attack warnings and heat attack warnings from fighting high levelled NPCs, even yesterday (June 13th), while patrolling Azrael's Nav Beacon.
So, looks like the best explanation for this was on the Frontier board.

Doesn't make much sense to me after Googl'ing more. But apparently I'm an idiot, noob and/or liar to some. Just know my shields are toast in any case. But apparently, the 1-2 combination ...

From: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost4090001
'- higher ranked npc's will have better non-engineered equipment vs low ranked ...
- impulse and heat attacks warnings aren't automatically engineered weapons, they're available using normal weapons
eg. the power play heat beam'

Kiltrathi wrote: ... anything Dangerous and higher is a challenge and I better make sure I start the fight with a distinct advantage.
The problem is, that's all I'm running into, and I die every time ... running.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Note to self, when playing around with ship modules and re-fitting a fuel scoop, check the power management, new modules default to priority 1. Facing an Elite Anaconda and finding none of your weapons work is not recommended (there was much running away!) :P
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter

Postby Rimsplitter » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Trying to find Advanced Medicine for an Outbreak mission for the Order in Cardea. None for sale in Dvorsi, Exioce, Njiri or Ngaiawang. The search has cost me 780K in insurance costs and over two hours of unproductive time. Getting pretty cheesed with it now.

Edit: Just found some in Wong Guin, Heiles Terminal. I filled my hold with the stuff so I'll probably get blown up before I can deliver it.
Last edited by Rimsplitter on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

Return to “General Discussion”