Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Went into the CZ solo, and while I was driven off a few times by getting ganged up on, I managed to get out without much damage, so I still at least just barely turned a profit after fuel and repairs. Claimed about another 500k in combat bonds.

I was a bit surprised to see no commanders in the CZ on a Saturday, but as I was shutting down (I have a poker game with friends to head to in the suburban wastelands shortly), I went into the groups menu, and found not only did it show a count of members in Mobius PVE, but it showed their online status. Not. A. Single. Other. Person. Online.

It could just be the time of day, but I'm starting to think that letting people jump back into the regular Mobius group just because they have more people on their friends list in European timezones (as do I) was a bad idea.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby clivewil » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:38 am

Black Rose wrote:3. Get a phone technician in the house to run a line monitor at each connection point.

luckily i'm an electronics tech myself and i know a few comms techs, hopefully one of them will be here tomorrow to re-terminate the junction outside the house. i've already checked everything inside.

i took a risk last night and lugged the Cutter up to LHS 3447 for the CG. i made two trips before static reared its ugly head. might try again tonight.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:57 am

Day 3 and on track at 4,500 merits.

Bounties tipped over one million today, so everything is normal for me lol

Funny thing though about the AI in Elite, or maybe its luck?

When I am in my Assault Ship I fly where ever I want to and I am almost never interdicted. But let me jump into my Asp and its like I have a target painted on my hull :(

Today I was picking up some unclaimed bounties and I was interdicted by two Elite Cobras both using, what I think, were rail guns. I got one to 5% hull and had to bail out with 11% hull for my Asp. By the time the FSD wound up and I got away I was down to 2% hull. Close call.

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:11 am

My phone line comes in at my front door, at floor level to the right. I lost internet the other day and did the usual pc checks and then went to look at connections as i checked via my phone if my isp was having difficulties and they said no. I looked at where my wires come in an notice scraps of paint from the skirting and wifey with cleaner and cloth in hand. "I might've bumped it a little' she said phone in her hand "and the phones gone again, bloody rubbish BT" she stated grumpily.

On closer examination she'd completely separated all connections and even whilst I got soldering iron in hand, she's still trying to phone her mate on the land line. She's go a bloody iPhone.

I love my wife dearly but she can be a right tit sometimes.

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Been testing different weapon loadouts for my Conda. Decided to go for pulses and huge plasma accelerator for a while.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Federation donation missions available at Wuluwait - Crown Works.
Downsides; Outpost so no L size ships. A bit of a travel from arrival point: 257'354 LS
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:54 pm

Been in the CZ and talked about size of joystick and blue balls :lol:

But seriosly though, it's too bad this Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS has short handle. It seems my hand is too big for this joystick. Shame, because i do like this, and this is the only downside. I think i gotta consider getting that X52 Flight System and selling this current one. Looks like i need a joystick with Grip Adjustment System.

CMDR Reaper
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Reaper

Postby CMDR Reaper » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Looking for at missing pilot, then this happens.

Some strange alien science must be going on here. :)

Cosmos24
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cosmos24

Postby Cosmos24 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:11 pm

Fighting in the Orulas against the criminals...

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer

Postby Nethaufer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Currently 150 or so Ly 'above' Orions Belt getting those sweet sweet first scans on systems. Even if they are only mostly made of ice planets.

Return to “General Discussion”