What are you doing (ingame) now?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Black Rose

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:30 am

Schmobius wrote:
Black Rose wrote:
Schmobius wrote:
I made sure to stock up on some Jumponium in case I find myself a little short on a jump again. Cemiess 2 has a modest amount of Vanadium, if that's what you're missing, like I was.

I don't even know what that is :P I think its stuff I find planet side, but I get bored really fast driving on the a planet with nothing to see or do endlessly. I've actually landed and used my rover once.

If you collect the right rocks, you'll be able to make stuff that boosts your jump range for a single jump in the synthesis panel.

I made an earlier post calling it Liquid Schwartz, but apparently the distant worlds expedition has named it jumponium, so we'll go with that. I think I have enough for 2 or 3 jump boosts, just in case. I've been really close to having to throw up the ratsignal a few times, usually due to my own carelessness, and this stuff saved me on the more recent one.

The "Schwartz"; really? :D If I use it will my ship go to PLAID? :P

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:01 am

Black Rose wrote:
Schmobius wrote:
Black Rose wrote:
I don't even know what that is :P I think its stuff I find planet side, but I get bored really fast driving on the a planet with nothing to see or do endlessly. I've actually landed and used my rover once.

If you collect the right rocks, you'll be able to make stuff that boosts your jump range for a single jump in the synthesis panel.

I made an earlier post calling it Liquid Schwartz, but apparently the distant worlds expedition has named it jumponium, so we'll go with that. I think I have enough for 2 or 3 jump boosts, just in case. I've been really close to having to throw up the ratsignal a few times, usually due to my own carelessness, and this stuff saved me on the more recent one.

The "Schwartz"; really? :D If I use it will my ship go to PLAID? :P

No, but it will get you to Druidia on time to stop a wedding. :D

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:26 am

Day 2 of my drive to Rank 5.

I've earned 3,100 merits so I am on track. Question is can I keep it up. I notice that between the hours of 2 pm and 5 pm EST there is virtually no interdiction lag. For that time slot I have maybe 3 failures. When compared to the 6 pm to 10 pm slot, the number of failures is enough to make me cry :( So I only work on merits in the afternoon unless I need to top off my quota which is 1500/day to reach the 10K by the end of the cycle.

For those that don't know. Rank 5 gives me a 100% bonus on bounty kills + a cool 50,000,000 credit salary :)

The only problem is my bounty is almost back to a million already and I still have 234 kills to do at 5,000 credit bounty each! "oh no Mr Bill!" :lol:

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby *Al* » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:50 am

Jack Dunhill wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:Wow. The CZ was intense. Spent more time avoiding dumping into friendly commanders than killing NPCs. :)

It sure was intense in there. It was great to see so many commanders. Sorry if i sideswiped anyone, that anaconda sure makes crazy slides :)

Both of your pics show my Vette just before you sideswiped me Jack ;_)

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:23 am

no ED for me. my phone line developed some really bad static on Thursday so i can't play until it's fixed, although i did try a few times the results were almost disastrous. currently having withdrawal symptoms.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:36 am

Lost my Keelback Yesterday.

I was outfitted for planetary hunting and saw a job on the board for a single hop for 1.2 million. Didn't bother to refit for space combat. Was interdicted by a wing. Elite Anaconda. Had no issues running away, but his wingmate was a Deadly FDL. He chewed me up and got my thrusters to malfunction so I was dead in the water. That is when the Anaconda caught up and I got to see a PA Alpha strike up close.

Because the mission had mission specific cargo, I failed it. It fined me 800K for the mission, and because this was a test ship I bought at I Sola Prospect, the purchase price was 20% above normal. So the Rebuy was over 690K. So 1.5 million down.

I did the rebuy and then stripped the ship and sold it, hopped back into my python, went back to my home base to park the Python, then Taxi'd to Epsilon Ceti to rebuy the Keelback and outfit it with a 15% discount. Not too bad, since I was grabbing the odd mission out of I Sola Prospect with the python and had made about 4mill in the last couple of days. Still hurts though, but I have more than enough cash to not worry about things like this.

So my Keelback, named Master Chief since its cockpit looks like a Battle Helmet, is now back in Brestla with the rest of the A-Team and we are back to POI and Base raiding. Still liking the ship for what i am doing with it.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:40 am

*Al* wrote:
Jack Dunhill wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:Wow. The CZ was intense. Spent more time avoiding dumping into friendly commanders than killing NPCs. :)

It sure was intense in there. It was great to see so many commanders. Sorry if i sideswiped anyone, that anaconda sure makes crazy slides :)

Both of your pics show my Vette just before you sideswiped me Jack ;_)

That's just my way of saying "hello" :lol:

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:09 am

Having a few corvettes in the CZ is like trying to dodge the fat lads in an all you can eat buffet. My pretty little black FDL left some paint on them a few times. :)

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:53 am

Black Rose wrote:Day 2 of my drive to Rank 5.

I've earned 3,100 merits so I am on track. Question is can I keep it up. I notice that between the hours of 2 pm and 5 pm EST there is virtually no interdiction lag. For that time slot I have maybe 3 failures. When compared to the 6 pm to 10 pm slot, the number of failures is enough to make me cry :( So I only work on merits in the afternoon unless I need to top off my quota which is 1500/day to reach the 10K by the end of the cycle.

For those that don't know. Rank 5 gives me a 100% bonus on bounty kills + a cool 50,000,000 credit salary :)

The only problem is my bounty is almost back to a million already and I still have 234 kills to do at 5,000 credit bounty each! "oh no Mr Bill!" :lol:

It's well worth the grind, I did it last week and made Rank 5 with Hudson. Am now pulling in an average of 10-15M per hour in bounties, in the last 2 days i've earned just under 175M from RES hunting :D

One thing to note is that the 50M salary is paid a week in arrears. Not that it matters - with the bounty bonus you will be raking it in. Next cycle you will need to earn 5000 or so merits due to merit decay to stay at Rank 5 - and the same every cycle after that.

I gained my merits by moving Garrison supplies around, took about 6 hours to gain 10k merits - so will just require 3 hours or so per week to stay at rank 5.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Crimsom Electronics is falling fast and is now at 6.6% influence - we now have a 17.9% influence and a lead of 11.3% over them. I just came from an intense session with Mobius commanders and it was truly wonderful to see everyone working together blasting every hostile ship in sight :)

This has always been what it's all about. Not about conquest but camraderie in the battlefield & a chance to establish a greater Azrael for everyone in Mobius, MobiusPVE and specially for players in the Open who probably need it the most.

The next 20 - 21 hours till the next influence tick will show whether we have been successful in taking the planetary outposts from our adversaries by reaching the 15% victory lead threshold.

But for me, seeing this many commanders in the field day by day working for a common cause & enjoying themselves is the true victory. People who don't know us call Mobius a mob, a random collection of people but we know that isn't the case. It's always been a matter of choice - our choice.

And it is that voluntary choice & our belief that others should have the same choice that makes us one. And for that I am truly grateful.
Last edited by Tifu on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”