Can players attack another player with a bounty over 100,000 credits/Yes
5%
Can players attack another player with a bounty over 100,000 credits/No
15%
Can players interdict another player/Yes
2%
Can Players Interdict another player/No
18%
Final Question: should this group take on the policy of absolute zero negative interaction with another player/yes
6%
Final Question: should this group take on the policy of absolute zero negative interaction with another player/No
13%

Total votes: 426

DeckardRunner
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Liet Kynes
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Poll regarding group policy.

Postby DeckardRunner » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 am

I voted no to attacking other players in Warzones.. Being a PVE group and all.
However there are circumstances where this may have to change, for example if the mission in the war zone requires all opposition to be eliminated. Naturally with players on each side a resolution would not be possible, how this is resolved is up for debate.
Do we fight it out at the end when there is no other none player targets?
Some other method? (Can be number of player ships on each side remaining, with the 'losers' withdrawing from the encounter).
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Myka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Myka Lanserra

Postby Myka » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:27 am

While this is a PvE group, I voted yes for warzones as in my mind if you are going into a warzone and declaring for a faction you should expect a war rather than a friendly skirmish. I see why people would want it PvE only though.

I'm on the fence regarding the bounty, I'm fine either way. It would take a lot to get a 100k bounty but I suppose if you got one from another group you should probably pay it off before entering. Though on reflection as a PvE group it's probably the wrong idea to be looking for players to hunt.

Interdiction definitely - never, if it was allowed it could be just as much a griefing too (if not more) than simply killing someone. As it pulls you out of supercruise and pretty much stops you from doing anything if the player is good enough about it and can keep interdicting you.

Thanks for managing the group, it's definitely made my elite experience better!

Turjan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Turjan

Postby Turjan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:53 pm

I was about to vote yes to warzones...then I heard my own words ringing back to me from the back of my mind : "The Elite Federation of Pilots is like a 'Gentleman's Club' in space, and it would be bad form to attack a fellow member, no matter what!"

I've said that in posts before, yep. And I find I do still stick to it.

Like the real world, Victorian-type Gentleman's Club I had in mind when I first wrote that, it occurs to me that such Clubs will always have wrongdoers within their ranks (aka criminals with a bounty), and while they may disapprove of such member's shady activities, it doesn't mean they'll dob them in to the local rozzers! Privilege of being a Club Member donchaknow ;)
Under extreme circumstances someone might get booted out of the Club for being a villain...but I see that as happening only if their transgressions extended to negative acts towards another member, not the general public.

Likewise I've come to realise I now view warzone combat ethics like medieval Knights on horseback meeting on the battlefield - it just isn't done to kill each other. Sure, slaughter the peasants in the opposing army, but in Elite we are the 'nobles', the ones that matter, and different rules apply to us. In medieval combat, knights were often captured and ransomed back if at all possible, but seeing as we can't actually do that in Elite (yet... ;) ) the other option is not shooting at fellow knights.

Of course if I really wanted to get my hands bloody I could hop into Open and jump into a warzone there, but I find the idea of seeing a lot of hollow triangles of both colours on the scanner who are deliberately not shooting at each other more appealing in an odd way. Tis a rivalry thing perhaps. A message comes over the comm from a player on the opposing faction - "I have a tally of 8 of your goons so far - beat that, my fine friend!" And you reply "You chose the wrong side today, my good man - with my elite skillz you'll soon be fighting on your lonesome!"

I find the concept classier than "Red triangle man be dead man, rarrr!" :D

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Angua von Überwald

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 pm

As things stand at the moment, it would appear only approx 60 people have voted in this poll, I find this a little bit concerning if this is to decide how we move fwd.

We have 189 members of the PvE group as members of this forum, we have in excess of 800 members in our PvE group and shrinking on a daily basis (too soon) no, growing on a daily basis.

Are people not voting or not seeing this poll, also do we need to do more to encourage members of the group to join the forum.

Whilst the vote is clearly moving in a certain direction how valid is it with the present numbers involved/not involved.

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Sorry meant to also say, many people are saying there happy to go with what the majority think.

Well at the moment it will be decided/settled by the minority.

SJT
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stephen Taylor

Postby SJT » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Even though I'm happy with the warzone PvP, I think that the best policy is to keep it entirely PvP. That's how it was advertised. We can always pop into open or have a sneaky dogfight round the back of Styx 1.

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Hope you don't get your fire button mixed up like you do with P and E, well I hope you mixed them up.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 pm

SJT wrote:Even though I'm happy with the warzone PvP, I think that the best policy is to keep it entirely PvP. That's how it was advertised. We can always pop into open or have a sneaky dogfight round the back of Styx 1.

The sentence "The only instances where PVP is allowed within this group will be within missions offered to you by the game, e.g. Combat arenas or noticeboard missions." was in the description from the very beginning. It just looks like most just didn't read it to the end. :( If you read the first couple of pages of the original thread this becomes clear. Also that first there was talk about a bounty limit, which I was strongly against, I want to add.

Having said that, even if I am pro warzone combat, I will also accept a strict no PvP vote. I would not want to do warzone PvP in open, as I had very bad encounters with teamkillers there, but If I want fair warzone PvP I can always meet up in an ad hoc warzone group, for example.

SJT
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stephen Taylor

Postby SJT » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:13 am

Cmdr A von Uberwald wrote:Hope you don't get your fire button mixed up like you do with P and E, well I hope you mixed them up.

Bah, you know what I meant. Had a bad day yesterday. :)

Wolf wrote:
SJT wrote:The sentence "The only instances where PVP is allowed within this group will be within missions offered to you by the game, e.g. Combat arenas or noticeboard missions." was in the description from the very beginning.

I struggle with anything over a couple of lines to be honest. I stand corrected. :)

Rune
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rune Sunfire

Postby Rune » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Myka wrote:I'm on the fence regarding the bounty, I'm fine either way. It would take a lot to get a 100k bounty

It's surprisingly easy to rack up a +100K bounty. I got Interdicted by a System Authority Vessel with some Battle weapons for cargo. I'd already checked the System info and it didn't list them as prohibited and was an Independent system so didn't think it'd be a problem but ended up with a 500K bounty because of it.

Return to “General Discussion”