Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Rodgeirr wrote:Pretty much my build at the moment. Take a look.

Corvette Build

Opinions appreciated. Please keep in mind, I have been slowly upgrading components as I do bounty hunting. I have enough for 1 buyback at all times. I like to live dangerously...

I have not flown the Corvette, but I understand it has nice convergence and handling, on the other hand what you have now on paper is arguably not as good as this standard laser boat Anaconda of the same configuration if only because the Anaconda would be 34 million cheaper. That is to say you could invest an additional 34 million as I did here.

Just playing a little devils advocate because I still feel that the Anaconda is a stepping stone, a rather larger one, that you should not skip over before you get the Cutter or Corvette. :D

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:38 pm

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:43 pm

VictoriaG wrote:This is my corvette : http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corve ... 20Corvette

7A SCBs without Heat Sink Launchers? Where does the heat gauge go at?
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rodgeirr

Postby Rodgeirr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:49 pm

StaticRadion wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I was in an Anaconda trading, then I got bored and had to switch back to combat. A shame trading still has a higher payout by at least a factor of bloody 10 than bounty hunting. While the combat conda I had was more fun, it was a bit sluggish in combat, I did not really like the aesthetics of the ship itself (the BOX on the bottom, presumably the cargo bay, annoyed me greatly) so overall I was unsatisfied.

Then the Corvette reared it's gorgeous head and BOOM. I made it my goal to acquire it. And here I am.

I will not go back to the Conda. The 'vette is my baby and she's the only one for me.

My build isn't bad it performs perfectly fine, the only thing left to do is to just make it more efficient. FSD will be the last thing I get as I don't really need to leave my current system and this is where a bud is grinding his empire rank and farming a HAZres. So i'm happy to be parked here.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Yet again......Having a laugh.....

Which started off as not really having one.....Kin Bugs.....

Then discovered a HUGE mining extraction site......And more bugs......

One crash report later......

And all seemed well......

I'm sure Lori will document the events in another thread.....Which to say the least were a bit weird.....

But as always we laughed.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:16 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Yet again......Having a laugh.....

I'm sure Lori will document the events in another thread.....Which to say the least were a bit weird.....

I will, but in the morning. Need to get some sleep. Rush tomorrow as the stores here close early and will be closed till Monday. Food and Beer MUST be in enough quantities to survive!

:P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:08 am

pargyrak wrote:
VictoriaG wrote:This is my corvette : http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corve ... 20Corvette

Hello,
Was wondering the same thing. A 5A and 6A SCB fries my Pythons systems without a heat sink launcher. Have not tried 8As on the Cutter.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:09 am

i'm about to concentrate on ranking up in the Empire (need to increase by 2 ranks to get a Cutter) and i'm looking for a new 'general duties' ship for running missions. the most likely contenders are the Python and Ferdie, oddly enough i sold one of each when Horizons hit and now i'm about to buy one back again. it needs to be able to defend itself, haul a typical mission-sized cargo load, carry at least one SRV, and land at outposts - if i've missed any other obvious candidates, please speak up

last night i had my first experience in a trade wing - my trader Corvette and CMDR. Laursen's beautiful Cutter, carrying 576t and 720t respectively. we only made a few runs but i was surprised to see i'd made over 12 mil from them

now i'm off to Founder's to build that new ship
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:10 am

Loriath wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Yet again......Having a laugh.....

I will, but in the morning. Need to get some sleep. Rush tomorrow as the stores here close early and will be closed till Monday. Food and Beer MUST be in enough quantities to survive!

:P

There is never enough beer. :p

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 am

pargyrak wrote:

I take some module damage for a few moments, but never the hull or the powerplant, usually around 2% on the modules. Luckily the corvette has such strong shields I rarely have to use the cells, and when I do I've got an AFMU to bring everything back to 100%.

Return to “General Discussion”