Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rodgeirr
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Someone, please tell FDev...

Postby Rodgeirr » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:34 pm

This, is about missions...

How missions should work is like this:

We're told we can play how we want in the universe, and yet us combat pilots are currently being forced to take shit missions, delivering messages, for like 3000 credits. Unacceptable.

If we really were able to play how we want, here is how it would work.

Dock at a station. Station has factions listed that vie for station control. Click bulletin board, it immediately asks you which faction you want to support (sub-menu.) After you choose your faction, it then asks how you want to support your faction... I myself would choose combat/bounty hunting/whatever. There of course would be the other professions, mining, trading, smuggling etc etc. It would then ONLY SHOW you the missions for your chosen profession, for your chosen faction, and when you do these missions and complete them, your faction skill increases.

I have now single-handedly in an afternoon saved the new "revamped" mission system.

-Proceeds to win the interwebz-

(I was at work, bored, thinking about how missions sucked ass last night, and came up with this idea. How is it people who get paid to design this shit fail so horribly?)

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Re: Someone, please tell FDev...

Postby LionOfNarnia » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:46 pm

YES!
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent

Postby Rodgeirr » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Well spread the word. If everyone in this group got on board and we helped it spread, it would go a long way to opening FDev's eyes a little don't you think?

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:00 am

Rodgeirr wrote:Dock at a station. Station has factions listed that vie for station control. Click bulletin board, it immediately asks you which faction you want to support (sub-menu.) After you choose your faction, it then asks how you want to support your faction... I myself would choose combat/bounty hunting/whatever. There of course would be the other professions, mining, trading, smuggling etc etc. It would then ONLY SHOW you the missions for your chosen profession, for your chosen faction, and when you do these missions and complete them, your faction skill increases.)

But I don't want to support a faction - that's not how I want to play. I just want to take the most profitable missions before moving on to the next system.
Rodgeirr wrote:Us combat pilots are currently being forced to take shit missions, delivering messages, for like 3000 credits.

We've got to find the person forcing you to take these menial tasks and stop them!

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent

Postby Rodgeirr » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:06 am

You say you don't want to support a faction. Well unfortunately whenever you accept a mission, you're supporting SOME faction. You can't escape that fact.

In all seriousness Walter, Pirate kill missions are pretty much non-existent at the moment. Which is how a lot of us like to play.

FDev (or their reps) have stated that doing missions is the best way to advance in rank. So since a large majority of people wish to play and advance in rank, and the missions currently being offered are not the type preferred, yes we are being forced to play a certain way.

One of my goals is to hit max rank with the Feds and get my corvette, this is pretty much impossible with the current mission system.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:07 am

They've apparently lost the art of sorting in the future (either by faction or by profit and etc).
It's time to give this another go.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:03 am

Agreed Rodgeirr
"Wibble"

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent

Postby Rodgeirr » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:14 am

Is it possible to sticky the thread? So everyone will be able to see it and comment? Would like to get a consensus on how everyone feels about this.

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:06 am

Rather than PK missions.. Try the USS or SSS - pirates everywhere and pretty good too.. Might need a wing for SSS.. :)
With a KWS in there too, worth a few Cr.. :)
Try a few, then recheck the BB for any PK missions and Bob is possibly your Fathers brother.. :D

Worked for me for while when Raff's BB got a bit sparse :D (Although I did get my ass shot off a couple of times :P )
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:08 am

Rodgeirr wrote:Well spread the word. If everyone in this group got on board and we helped it spread, it would go a long way to opening FDev's eyes a little don't you think?

i've moaned about it on the FD forums so often i think i might be heading for a ban if i keep doing it

having said that, it was the mission nerf that stopped me playing for a few months until Horizons launched, and after the novelty of that fades, it will probably be the shitty missions that stops me playing once again.

missions were my bread and butter, and FD killing those effectively killed ED for me.

'Mastering the Maleficent' - Elite rated combat mission! yay, hurrah! - kill 3 pirates for 67k. - Fuck. That.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Return to “General Discussion”