Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Suspicious Incident

Postby PulsarShark » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Just checking other people's brains to be sure..

There isn't anything that's supposed to be able to do all this through 100% 6A prismatic shields without ever taking them down, is there?

This happened in Mobius group, outside Medupe City port in Cubeo within the last hour.

I was in my Anaconda with a full load of Palladium, lining up on the mail slot. I lowered my landing gear and started seeing module malfunctions, losing cargo and getting fines for dropping it near the station. I never got an attack warning, didn't see anything flashing hostile, and my shields never went down (never even got shield damage that I could see).

I bolted out of the system, unloaded the palladium elsewhere, and came back in another ship to see if I could see anything attacking around the station, but didn't find anything.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: Suspicious Incident

Postby Flip » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Very weird! I'd recommend you to file a ticket about it, indicating when it happened and where, so the devs can look at it and see what happened.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Sounds very bugged to me.
On the other hand maybe thargoids have invisibility cloaks and shield penetrating heat beams...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Collisions and Overheating can cause module damage while the shields are still up. Nothing else I know of though. I'm sure you would have noticed something like that though...

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Just had the same thing. Got wedged in the mail slot with an NPC T9, while my shields did not drop, modules suffered huge damage.
Set auto-dock for the station, only for the DC to try and land me backwards, then boost into the side of the station. Just managed to spot tgat the module was at 1% as I was turning it off. Too late and boom...
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:53 am

I am guessing it was some kind of unseen collision. If you think back for a short while there were a few types of player ship that would get stuck in the mail slot without touching anything. I have a feeling this is connected with another bug I saw reported where those shield would not go down even under extreme ramming. Who knows but I hope they are fixed 3 weeks from now when I can buy them.

Return to “General Discussion”