Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Soulmirror » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:26 am

Wondering who I irritated enough to drop kick me in the shorts. So, I am sitting in the bar at Zander Dock, sipping on Talisker.

Was jumping out of a system and was interdicted by an NPC, the escape vector appears and then I jump out of system. I jump in next to a star and I have drug my opponent across space with me. The escape vector is now not working, my FSD charging diagram is overlaid with an amber and red screen, I then overtemp and explode, flushing 900,000 cr down the tubes. (I did throttle down during the jump) . I head to Tepertsi as a 1 way jump looks good to haul. I pick up my cargo (no warning, not a mission) and I am fined 329,000 cr as I was leaving. 1,229,000 cr loss in a day. I did ticket them both but I shall see.

Sigh, as I relate this story to you the Bartender must have been looking at my terminal over my shoulder, now I can't run a tab for the Talisker, he wants cash up front. Here we go again...

Marl
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Marlin Burrows

Postby Marl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:15 am

Soulmirror wrote:Wondering who I irritated enough to drop kick me in the shorts. So, I am sitting in the bar at Zander Dock, sipping on Talisker.

Was jumping out of a system and was interdicted by an NPC, the escape vector appears and then I jump out of system. I jump in next to a star and I have drug my opponent across space with me. The escape vector is now not working, my FSD charging diagram is overlaid with an amber and red screen, I then overtemp and explode, flushing 900,000 cr down the tubes. (I did throttle down during the jump) . I head to Tepertsi as a 1 way jump looks good to haul. I pick up my cargo (no warning, not a mission) and I am fined 329,000 cr as I was leaving. 1,229,000 cr loss in a day. I did ticket them both but I shall see.

Sigh, as I relate this story to you the Bartender must have been looking at my terminal over my shoulder, now I can't run a tab for the Talisker, he wants cash up front. Here we go again...

Hard luck. Sorry to hear it. :?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:26 am

I posted a big report about Zander Dock. That's entrapment. "We sell Imperial Slaves" they say. As you buy them they call the police and give them all your details and one lone Viper sits outside the station. Waiting. "Ding Ding" fined. "Hey boys, that T7 put me over my quota this morning. Can I take a break for a bit?"

807,305 credit fine. Loss on that run was almost a half million.

It's entrapment. I was setup I say, they framed me, see? Yeah, framed me.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:02 am

Leave the smuggling to the professionals... Oh, and perhaps you want your registration number back, it's been very useful. :lol:

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:02 am

So there I was minding my own business, returning to HQ in my DbE after delivering some much needed supplies to one of our control systems, when the interdiction GUI pops up. No problems, this happens quite a bit, so its the usual pips to weapons, FA off, boost to face the aggressor and select target.
It's an 'Alliance Enforcer', I've seen a few of these guys, but this time they're ranked as 'Deadly', this should be interesting, these are the first 'Deadly' NPCs I've seen since 1.3 dropped.
Well the dogfight ensues, and doesn't go well, a couple of minutes pass, I've gone through 2 SCBs (not helped by the fact that I have to retract weapons to use them), and the first ship is still at 40% hull. The NPC's shields took ages to come down (shield boosters I assume), he's using chaff constantly, and boosting all over the place, whilst all the time his partner is staying behind me and hitting me with PA charges.
Now the NbE has quite good shields, but they are dropping too fast under the onslaught, and I simply don't have the fire-power to bring these guys down fast enough, this is a battle I'm clearly not going to win.
So it's pips to engines and systems, boost, boost, boost, whilst retracting weapons (which seems to take an age), finally the FSD comes to life and I hit SC with just the merest hint of blue in my last shield ring.
This is the first fight I've had to retreat from in a long time, and despite clearly loosing this one, it was one of the best for a long time as well, all credit to Sarah-Jane and her 'deadly' NPCs :D
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:16 am

Yeah, high-ranked NPC's can be great fun to fight against, now. Even Elite sidewinders, especially in wings!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:20 am

Argh wings, 90% of my assassination targets have wings, Python+Vulture+Viper makes me b****y nervous and ensures I hurry while taking down my target.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Getting wanted makes assassination missions not worth the hassle under this new bounty system.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:51 pm

VictoriaG wrote:Getting wanted makes assassination missions not worth the hassle under this new bounty system.

I know what you mean, I took an assassination mission and now I'm wanted in the system where most of the other missions want you to go. I don't mind being wanted in a system, it adds a bit of flavour, but the mission generator needs a bit of finessing, perhaps it should prioritise anarchy systems for assassination missions.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:04 pm

i did the same thing and got a 6k bounty for 6 days in Neunets, so i kept going to that system but very stealthily - lots of smuggling, deliveries and 'finding stuff'

before my bounty was up i took another assassination in Neunets but this one didn't register, i got no extra bounty or added time thankfully

RESes are sometimes very nasty places to visit now. helpful hint - don't attack an elite Dropship flanked by 3 elite Clippers if you're by yourself and you like having shields
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Return to “General Discussion”