Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Banjax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Banjax
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby Banjax » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:38 pm

stummies wrote:First time I tried a RES spot there in my Cobra it was dark, a costly mistake after detonating on impact.

As stupid as this sounds, try turning your lights on in a dark field, might only give you a seconds warning, but sometimes it's enough. :)

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 pm

...or if there are several RESs in the ring, use the one that's nearest the imaginary straight line between planet and sun.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Had a 'big ship' spawning instance earlier made around 3m, this bounty hunting is making some nice profit....

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Gorf wrote:...or if there are several RESs in the ring, use the one that's nearest the imaginary straight line between planet and sun.

I was kind of wondering on this, does this game simulate orbits and other physics... like for example could a RES spot in the sun eventually turn to night?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:25 pm

stummies wrote:I was kind of wondering on this, does this game simulate orbits and other physics... like for example could a RES spot in the sun eventually turn to night?

Definitely!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Black Puddin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Black Puddin

Postby Black Puddin » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:14 pm

VictoriaG wrote:Had a 'big ship' spawning instance earlier made around 3m, this bounty hunting is making some nice profit....

Lucky you! The only big ship I've seen this evening was yours! :D
I've abandoned that system and gone seeking pastures new, went a few jumps and found a conflict zone so probably gonna stay there for a while.

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Black Puddin wrote:
VictoriaG wrote:Had a 'big ship' spawning instance earlier made around 3m, this bounty hunting is making some nice profit....

I've abandoned that system and gone seeking pastures new, went a few jumps and found a conflict zone so probably gonna stay there for a while.

Its slightly irritating .... but there is a large degree of randomness to the nature of the NPC's that will appear at the RES when you enter it ... typically if the 1st ship you encounter as 'WANTED' is something like a clipper/python/anaconda then cheer... you've got a likely decent instance and you'll continue to get around 50-70% of this class of ship...

If you first encounter an Eagle/Sidey etc ... then you have 2 options...
1. Carry on
2. Reset the instance ... this can be done 2 ways.
a. leave the RES (supercruise) and come back in
b. Quit to main menu and restart

Sometimes you will find yourself in what i can only describe as bounty hunting nirvana in which you'll be getting an almost continuous stream of triple spawning 'condas or pythons to the extent where you can barely keep up with it .... these are rare but super-fun

On a typical jaunt i'll clear 2m in about an hour or so ..... i have in one of these ridiculous spawns cleared almost 4m in the same time but it was quite draining ... and i'd almost say at that point its basically grinding a bit

Best RES are to be found with Metal content rings and ideally pristine if you can find one

I've also found that RES near a goal tend to be more generous but i can only say that from a small dataset (Facece goal at the moment)
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:17 am

There was some news on a war that broke out in Wong Guin yesterday. Hadn't time to check it out but could be interesting to have CZs there.

Black Puddin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Black Puddin

Postby Black Puddin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 am

highlightshadow wrote:
Black Puddin wrote:

Its slightly irritating .... but there is a large degree of randomness to the nature of the NPC's that will appear at the RES when you enter it ... typically if the 1st ship you encounter as 'WANTED' is something like a clipper/python/anaconda then cheer... you've got a likely decent instance and you'll continue to get around 50-70% of this class of ship...

If you first encounter an Eagle/Sidey etc ... then you have 2 options...
1. Carry on
2. Reset the instance ... this can be done 2 ways.
a. leave the RES (supercruise) and come back in
b. Quit to main menu and restart

Sometimes you will find yourself in what i can only describe as bounty hunting nirvana in which you'll be getting an almost continuous stream of triple spawning 'condas or pythons to the extent where you can barely keep up with it .... these are rare but super-fun

On a typical jaunt i'll clear 2m in about an hour or so ..... i have in one of these ridiculous spawns cleared almost 4m in the same time but it was quite draining ... and i'd almost say at that point its basically grinding a bit

Best RES are to be found with Metal content rings and ideally pristine if you can find one

I've also found that RES near a goal tend to be more generous but i can only say that from a small dataset (Facece goal at the moment)

Oh I know that, but I spent the night jumping to empty RESs/relogging/cruising out and back in, think I saw 1 clipper and 1 drop ship all night.
I fancy a change anyway so gonna do conflict zone for a bit, i just need to find a decent station to change my outfit slightly.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:02 am

Black Puddin wrote:Oh I know that, but I spent the night jumping to empty RESs/relogging/cruising out and back in, think I saw 1 clipper and 1 drop ship all night.
I fancy a change anyway so gonna do conflict zone for a bit, i just need to find a decent station to change my outfit slightly.

I noticed you at the last site I tried, it started to spawn big ships, made a 1m before deciding to call it a night.

Return to “General Discussion”