Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Banjax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Banjax
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby Banjax » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:55 am

Nope can't find it in the galaxy map :) and google draws a blank too. I fly a fully kitted python so I'm not too worried about stray asteroids lol.

(saying that I bet the next time i'm in one I smear it across a rock)

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:39 am

Took a run, made about 1.7 million in 30 minutes. Followed a Anaconda security ship around and fought along with it.

Had to jump out a couple times until a clipper appeared and then they kept coming in. ^_^

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Made around 10m today, couple of instances where it only spawned Condas, Pythons, Clippers and Dropships...

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:02 pm

You gotta love those! I got one the other day where there was even a system security Conda that did half the work. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jeffers2112 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:44 am

I ended up in this system by accident on my way elsewhere....
Yep, it's a fun place for RES farming.
And apologies to CMDR Banjax.. met him there, first group member I've seen in ages, but I hadn't a clue how to respond to his Wing request. I must do some homework!

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:59 am

Loaded some gold as a honeypod, had even an Internal Sec Conda on my side for some time, and it worked like a charm --
AFTER I realized that the honeypod is not designed to work with Interdiction, but by simply sitting in the RES.
And being swarmed by suizidal Sideys and Eagles was ... interesting.

Just when I decided to call it a day and took on a last Clipper, I hit a Sec by accident. Short the Clipper down with the Cannon and raaaaan!

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Banjax » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Jeffers2112 wrote:I ended up in this system by accident on my way elsewhere....
Yep, it's a fun place for RES farming.
And apologies to CMDR Banjax.. met him there, first group member I've seen in ages, but I hadn't a clue how to respond to his Wing request. I must do some homework!

Jeffers, no worries mate. if you want, add me and we'll go hunting again when you can :D i just felt bad kill stealing lol

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:36 pm

I'm usually lurking around various locations .... by all means add me in-game and gimme a shout if i'm in vicinity
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Banjax » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:38 pm

I'm sitting in the DIFU system atm (it's close to sol) annoying the locals if anyone wants to kill things :D

Oh and shadow added you :D

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:25 pm

I've been hitting a RES site about 1-2 jumps from Alioth. It's a "LHS" system, don't remember the rest of the name and at work currently so can't check it. After reading the link in the help section here regarding the ship spawns I managed to get a "big" ship spawn where every spawn was at least 1 large ship, many times wings of them. It's a pretty good spot, closest station is a few Ls away and is high tech, plus Alioth is also high tech. System also has an independent station I use when I get an accidental bounty.

I bought a Viper and have it loaded to do the farming here. First time I tried a RES spot there in my Cobra it was dark, a costly mistake after detonating on impact. Insurance is much cheaper on the Viper, same number of hard points, few upgrades to help the power situation. I just switch ships if I'm going somewhere.

Flying and fighting in the asteroid field is a lot of fun. The "zero tolerance" policy in force is a bit annoying, especially when the security forces kill their own because a stray bullet chipped some paint on the wrong ship. I hope they do tweak the AI to be a bit more forgiving, especially if they're allies. I know the AI issues help with keeping the baddies occupied but I still hope they fix this.

Beyond the money it's also been a great way to learn better flying skills, been working on turning off flight assist during combat to better maneuver and have been getting pretty good at it. I only started playing this game last weekend (First Elite game ever) so I'm still catching up with everyone else.

Return to “General Discussion”