Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Been doing a little bounty hunting in my new Viper. I think I've managed to stack up close to 100K so far. So not too shabby. Although couple of them were bit of a cheap shots. Just scooted about a Nav Point and once I saw NPC's going at each other I jumped in and took the killing shot and collected the money :mrgreen:

Then I ended up at a RES point that was on the dark side of the planet. Fairly interesting to shuttle among the asteroids in complete blackness. But I managed to land couple of kills there as well. Then Clint Westwood attacked me with an Adder, but the geezer took off just as I was about to finish him.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:46 pm

I just took out Damon Hill who was flying an Anaconda. This was shortly after killing off Atoning Unifex in a Dropship. Love the random references in this game - from F1 to Intervention :-)
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:13 am

I only had a chance to play 1 hour last night. I moved away from my hunting location to Fawaol and there it was.....

"Kill me 4 Pirates and I will grant you a Shiny New Title"

First Strong Signal Force had 4 ships. 3 Were clean. 4th was a Sidewinder and was wanted. The Vulture spit lasers for about 4 seconds and BOOM! 1 down. Found another Strong Signal Source. 3 Vultures taking it to 2 FDL's. I scanned an FDL and clean. Scanned a Vulture and he went hostile. I held fire till I got the WANTED result, and went at him. All three turned and 2 on my six took my shields down and I had no shield cells fitted. Soon my hull was at 50% and I still had no prize. I jumped out, repaired and returned.

Took me about 10 minutes to find another Strong Source. The same 3 Vultures still going at the 2 FDL's. I stayed back and scanned. Yes! Wanted on all three, with the FDL's clean.

I powered up everything into weapons and systems and took on one that was furthest away from the group. I stayed behind him as much as I could and took him down in short order. Then I went into the furball and targeted another Pirate. I was taking hits but not as much as the first one as the 2 FDL's were taking aggro off me. 2nd one went down and the 3 charged his FSD. The FDL's were too close so he was slow charging. I moved in as close as I could and pumped a full capacitor of 4 pips C3 Pulses. 91 Shots before I have to pause. He Blew up REAL good :)

Headed back to Fawaol and they were so pleased with me that they broke out a feast of Animal Meat, Wine, Beer, and had me drop on one knee. The sword tapped my shoulders as the voice in front of me declared:

" By the Grace of the Emperor, I Dub thee Sir Loriath! Rise Sir Loriath, Knight of the Empire! "

So yeah, that happened.

You can just call me Sir 8-)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:47 am

I am current engaged in Imperial operations around the Facece system. Tensions are high now with the life of our most gracious Emperor under threat from dark and cowardly forces.

I heeded the call to arms by our Highness, the Princess Arissa; am now routing out the traiterous scum that seek to prey on our mining operations.

The operation goes well, I am residing in the top 15% of the Commanders who heeded that same call.

Long Live the Empire!
Count von Shadow
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:22 am

Running missions for the Alliance with the T6 and bounty hunting in Alliance space with the Cobra around Lave, Leesti (Kolmogorov) and Zaonce in support of the "return Leesti back to Alliance" operation.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Just spent an hour doing some trading - parked my vulture near my favourite RES and will hunt some bounties for a few hours - about 10M away from my Python so hoping to get it today :)

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:29 pm

highlightshadow wrote:I am residing in the top 15% of the Commanders who heeded that same call.

i just made it into the top 40%, i'm happy with that. progress is slow due to frequent disconnects from the matchmaking server - i guess that's to be expected in any area where CMDR traffic is high
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:32 pm

I realised that I haven't seen another ship for nearly a month and found that it does not bother me. Out here there are no traffic jams, no pirates, no trigger happy stations, no cops, no directionally challenged traders and no hassle whatsoever, just me and the stars. Yesterday I got into an argument with my sock, we resolved our differences, but I fear it is plotting against me and I will have to take action soon.

AndyFM
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: AndyFM

Postby AndyFM » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm currently heading out to the Heart and Soul Nebulae. Then will head back to civilisation, drop off data, then make the pilgrimage to Sag A.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Feldspar wrote:I realised that I haven't seen another ship for nearly a month and found that it does not bother me. Out here there are no traffic jams, no pirates, no trigger happy stations, no cops, no directionally challenged traders and no hassle whatsoever, just me and the stars. Yesterday I got into an argument with my sock, we resolved our differences, but I fear it is plotting against me and I will have to take action soon.

Hehe! I hope one of you is not going to eat the other! ;)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “General Discussion”