Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Yesterday and today been grinding in a T6 to upgrade my cobra......

Grinded to 2 million and spent 1.6M on A4 Power plant for the Cobra.....

Then back in the T6 grinded to another 2M and spent 1.6M to upgrade the thrusters......

That's it for the Cobra.......

Flew about 200 Lys away from where I was to try and get rid of bloody fed invites for permits I already have......No luck so far

And met CMDR Amallore ......

*Edit*

Oh and entered some prices for the market into Inara for one station that had none.....Only to be suckered as half hour later they had changed.....That was a couple of jumps I had not planned on to finally get a profit.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

General Specific
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: General Specific
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby General Specific » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Bardster wrote:
General Specific wrote:Grinding grinding grinding.....type 7 Wurango to 62 Ursae majoris. bored out of my skull but an eye on the prize...Anaconda....mmmm

Its a good little route that,Wurango has been my home system for a while, got few ships stashed here. Fuel is cheap as i am allied at both ends.I go off and come back when i need a bit more coin :D Apologies for the lack of chat - ships passing and all that. And the chat system is atrocious hehe

it is a good one, no worries on the chat, I am usually in the middle of docking when someone tries to talk to me!

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:29 am

Day 26 - Armstrong Ring in 1 i Centauri system
On the way to Lave ( 51 Ly away ) Been dealing some gold and silver in Anarchy system on the way - interdicted a couple of times but simply boosted away. Found C4 thrusters for the Cobra ( hadn't found any class 4 yet. ) Didn't meet anyone.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

KleinerFisch
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Pisciculus

Postby KleinerFisch » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:30 am

Piled up some credits doing rare runs but got bored so I hopped back to my home system in Empire, parked the Type-6 and entered my Viper, now shooting higher ranked ships in Cuchua warzones, to up my combat rank that seems stuck at expert.

Does anyone know, what exactly gives combat rank progression? Amount of ships shot or amount of credits gained for shooting ships ? Seems the rank of the enemies also plays a role, like, if you're only shooting harmless you get no progression, shooting Elites ranks fast(er) ...
You sure have bigger fish to fry ...

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm back to 60 tonne Cobra runs to further fund that Type 6 (and it's upgrades!). Luckily my quick and profitable trade route didn't dry up over the weekend while I was away. Haha.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Doing a 70 step rare run that I pulled off the forums, just because it will take me to some new places. Not sure whether to kill some stuff or head out to the Crab Nebula next.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:00 pm

KleinerFisch wrote:Does anyone know, what exactly gives combat rank progression? Amount of ships shot or amount of credits gained for shooting ships ? Seems the rank of the enemies also plays a role, like, if you're only shooting harmless you get no progression, shooting Elites ranks fast(er) ...

I do think it is to do with the differential between your ranking and your target's. So at Expert, Harmless targets give little to no progression, but Expert and above does. I know that I'm on over 1200 kills and still Expert :x
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Slowly equipping my Asp (trading and hunting), just shields, sensors, and FSD to go. Got my class A thrusters over the weekend and have seen quite a difference in manoeuvrability.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 am

Jumped into George Pantazis this afternoon carrying 26 tonnes of rares, and saw there was lots of conflict zones in system. So jumped straight into my first high intensity. Went with the local defense force and got stuck in. At this point I became aware my on board computer can not process the sounds and external viewing with so many ships and lasers/bullets flying around. Nevertheless a great time was had, and I emptied my 4 multi-cannons ammo magazine completely. Maybe should ignore the Pythons and Anaconda's and stay on the smaller ships.

After that bit of fun, I headed back to the old worlds and jumped into Lave and Leesti. Spotted I think about 4 Commanders on my way into Leesti, but I was coming in fairly hot and did not get chance to target and see who they were. Upon leaving the system, I hailed Cmdr Milkybasdard (I think was your name) just as we both jumped out.

Also got interdicted a number of times by Adders, Vipers and Eagles while fuel scooping. Put them out of their misery.

I just wish the Cobra had better weapon placement because it would be cheaper to run. But this Asp has got mental weapons. Hoping the Fer De Lance will be a bit cheaper with a good weapon cone in the nose.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:46 am

Got myself a Hauler and now I'm sitting at a tiny outback Outpost trying to figure out what to haul and where. They do have slaves for sale for relatively good price (updated to Inara) but can't find any stations nearby to sell them. Couple of black markets are within reasonable range but I don't think I can get this barge through the slot fast enough. Nor do I know if there's even demand on said markets. And I'd rather not fly around too long with trunk full of people.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Return to “General Discussion”