Empire
highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Lady Loren - A power? but how!

Postby highlightshadow » Mon May 04, 2015 3:58 pm

In case some don't both with Galnet... one of the recent posts...
https://www.elitedangerous.com/en/galne ... 69b8c428dc

Mentions
Speculation is rife as to her involvement with the ongoing struggle for power within the Senate. Loren has yet to declare her support for any of the leading contenders, a fact which some political pundits believe is a strong indication that she may be considering her own play for power.

Therefore its safe to assume that she might be one of the few to become a power when the time comes...
However, i've visited her system a couple of times (Prism) but her main base of power is out in Hirams Anckorage (sic) but this station is a good 10-15m super-cruise away from the jump-in point (280,000Ls)

Therefore without it become tedius in the extreme how would one become allied with such a faction since it mostly involves trading or performing faction missions.... but the turnover rate would be so horrendously low to make it almost mind-numbing.

I like Lady Kahina Loren .... her backstory is one derived recently from the book Elite: Reclamation - incidently a really good read especially in Audiobook format if you want to get a taste for Imperial / Federation political balance and tactics.

I would like to support her but feel her position is difficult (physical location not political)

Thoughts?
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Lady Loren - A power? but how!

Postby Loriath » Mon May 04, 2015 4:25 pm

With a station that far out, you have a long time to respond to incoming attacks.

I am wondering how Power Play will affect future play. I must say so far the current stories that have been brought to us are quite entriguing if you take the time to look. I really wish there was a place with more back stories on the characters, besides the books. The wiki has a little but not much.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice

Postby highlightshadow » Tue May 05, 2015 8:20 am

Loriath wrote:With a station that far out, you have a long time to respond to incoming attacks.

Would that be true??

We've seen at Lugh that cap ships can conveniently jump into the exact location they want.... they do not seem to have to jump into the nav point like we do.
King von Shadow

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue May 05, 2015 10:30 am

highlightshadow wrote:Would that be true??

We've seen at Lugh that cap ships can conveniently jump into the exact location they want.... they do not seem to have to jump into the nav point like we do.

Your seeing them come of SC are you not? I thought it was SC and not Witch Space. But if it is indeed a drop from Witch Space, then I am rather sad that we have to come out at the Solar Center. If it is SuperCruise, then yes, we still get the warning from ships at the Drop Point near the star.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice

Postby highlightshadow » Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 pm

I guess you're right .... hadn't disassociated the 2 ... but hopefully you're right...
I'll have to re-read the section of Reclamation that covered this topic and see if it made the distinction between SC vs system jump
King von Shadow

Return to “Empire”