Off out into the black soon

Explorer Exchange
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Off out into the black soon

Postby smartroad » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:09 pm

So have fitted out Aurora Stargazer, my Anaconda, and will soon start on a mission to get as far out of the galaxy as possible. With the ability to land and scavenge for materials, add well as the FSD boost, I just wanted to see what lays beyond the rim.

I will be departing Rafferty's at the weekend, maybe Friday, stopping of at Betelgeuse (want to land on Betelgeuse 2/3) before going off to the edge.

Hopefully be a couple of months journey. And hopefully I won't get stuck lol
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Riboflavin
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Riboflavin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Off out into the black soon

Postby Riboflavin » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Good luck on your journey! Don't forget your camera for the photographs and a bunch of music! Cause sometimes it gets a bit lonely out there. :-)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Riboflavin wrote:Good luck on your journey! Don't forget your camera for the photographs and a bunch of music! Cause sometimes it gets a bit lonely out there. :-)

And don't forget your towel either. You know what happens if you forget your towel?
"Wibble"

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:04 pm

*Salute* And good Exploring
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Gingerbloke
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ginger bloke

Postby Gingerbloke » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:
Riboflavin wrote:Good luck on your journey! Don't forget your camera for the photographs and a bunch of music! Cause sometimes it gets a bit lonely out there. :-)

And don't forget your towel either. You know what happens if you forget your towel?

Dare i ask?

Id be more concerned about forgetting my pants....

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Gingerbloke wrote:
Avago-Earo wrote:

Dare i ask?

Id be more concerned about forgetting my pants....

A towel, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have.

Just about the most massively useful thing any interstellar Hitchhiker can carry. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course you can dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have "lost." What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Hence a phrase which has passed into hitch hiking slang, as in "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DancingLemur

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Please beware, that there is a glitch, affecting some of us explorers (including me; currently 20 kly from Sol).

Previously scanned system bodies are after relog blacked out in system map, they are missing in left hand panel list, also not visible on radar, in normal view marked as "unexplored" with no possibility of rescan. Hope that this bug will not affect you.

Fly safe CMDR.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:54 pm

CMDR Lase Mooray, the Order of Mobius salutes you, may your jumps be long, the stars kind. and the trip fruitful.

We shall keep a "cold one" ready for you at Riff Raff's for your return

Fly Safe 07
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Cool runnings, Bro :D

May all your Thargoids be friendly ;)
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Postby IronDuke » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:49 pm

CMDR DancingLemur wrote:Please beware, that there is a glitch, affecting some of us explorers (including me; currently 20 kly from Sol).

Previously scanned system bodies are after relog blacked out in system map, they are missing in left hand panel list, also not visible on radar, in normal view marked as "unexplored" with no possibility of rescan. Hope that this bug will not affect you.

Fly safe CMDR.

I can confirm this. I'm sitting 16KLY from Sol on my return journey from Sag A* and wondering now if any scans since the 1.5 launch has been registered :? Might be best to wait until after the next patch before you head out. In any case, good luck..
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Return to “Explorer Exchange”