Explorer Exchange
Gingerbloke
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ginger bloke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Sag A*..how much did you make?

Postby Gingerbloke » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:51 pm

One for the more experienced explorers out there, how much did you make from the trip to Sag A* and back?

I make no apologies for the mercenary nature of the question, but with a dissertation needing to be started and a young family due to get bigger in a few months, my time escaping into the black is likely to be minimised to say the least, and I wanted to know what the rewards were, apart from the pride of course!

I'm only 2 and a bit Klys into the trip, but determined to keep going, despite feeling a little grind working in already!

Mattwood
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Dread Pirate Willy

Re: Sag A*..how much did you make?

Postby Mattwood » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:19 pm

I haven't been but it's getting high on my list now. Just wanna say goodluck, take your time with it, scan the planets you find what’re interesting and i'm sure you'll come back to a hefty paycheck! I'm worried i'll rush it and not get the full experience so i haven't commited to it yet :P Apologies for not being able to give you that number you're looking for though :D

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jeffers2112 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:36 pm

I made over 40 million and got a promotion to Pioneer, but that was after a three month trip there and back.
So it's not a great earner from a credits/day perspective but I don't think that's why most explorers do it.
Still got my Asp that I did the trip in, might get back out there sometime....

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:58 pm

I got 631,261cr from Sag A* and 227,813cr from Great Annihilator.

I was out for exactly four weeks, but had about a week off in the middle due to Explorergate.

The three weeks or so netted me 92,132,221cr which works out at an average of 4.4 million per night. If you're doing it for the money, there are quicker ways to make a buck.

The secret is to be selective about what you scan (black holes, neutron stars, white dwarfs, earth like worlds, ammonia worlds, water worlds, gas giants with water-based life), and try to get undiscovered systems by going to the top or bottom of the galactic disc while offsetting your path (don't aim straight at the centre of the galaxy).

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:04 pm

I made somewhere north of 100 million on my run, but it wasn't exactly a straight line and did take quite a while.

MrSandman
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Made 116 million from my Sag A trip. it was kind of "right straight line today lets do loads of lightyears..... Ooooo shiney thing lets have a look" route ended up looking like a plate of spaghetti. Took about 3-4 months all told

You could make a lot lot more if you go to one of the neutron star fields in and around the core on the way there or back.

Gingerbloke
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ginger bloke

Postby Gingerbloke » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Sounds encouraging! Thanks everyone, that should be enough to see me through the grind.

I have to say, i'm not doing the trip for the credits, just want to feel like i've achieved something in game. Plus i came across one of my first discovered tags from a very early trip out, and that felt good! So far i'm adding my tag onto my first ELW, so long as someone else doesn't get there and back first.

I'm ignoring things that aren't worth much, with sets my OCD off, but is saving lots of time too!

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:28 pm

When I first went exploring, I got to my first ELW then turned around precisely so that I could get my name on one without someone selling the data first. On the second trip, I'd already popped that cherry so I didn't worry about it.

Cdr Voorheez
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Voorheez

Postby Cdr Voorheez » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 am

I'll try and post my explorer log from ED Forums later. But my SagA* trip via Great Annihilator and s few hundred neutron systems earned me 72Mil credits.
I was 2 months out and pretty much followed a straight line to NGC 6357 then dropped into the neutron fields onwards to the Great Annihilator and back.

MrSandman
Competent
Competent
CMDR: MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Having another screen helps to break things up a bit. I watched all 9 seasons of the x-files plus the films and untold U-tube documentaries and other films :)

Return to “Explorer Exchange”